ZM refuses to start

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
kongobongo

ZM refuses to start

Post by kongobongo »

Everything was working perfectly with my Zoneminder install, I was installing Samba and messing with the accounts on the Ubuntu Server when all of a sudden, Zoneminder stopped :(

I've checked the logs and im getting....

04/19/10 20:32:57.888601 zmpkg[1342].INF [Command: start]
04/19/10 20:32:59.240521 zmpkg[1342].ERR [Unable to run "sudo -u www-data /usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]
04/19/10 20:38:49.346766 zmpkg[1687].INF [Command: start]
04/19/10 20:38:49.896888 zmpkg[1687].ERR [Unable to run "/usr/local/bin/zmfix", output is ""]

Am I right in thinking this may be related to a user permission issue?

Just in case its related, I installed Mplayer and mencoder, then removed them..

UPDATE : When trying to restart zoneminder with the command "sudo service zm restart" I get the following.....

Stopping ZoneMinder: failure
Starting ZoneMinder: /usr/local/bin/zmfix: /usr/lib/i686/cmov/libavformat.so.52: no version information available (required by /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.so.52)
/usr/local/bin/zmfix: /usr/lib/i686/cmov/libavcodec.so.52: no version information available (required by /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.so.52)
/usr/local/bin/zmfix: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.so.52: symbol av_free_packet, version LIBAVCODEC_52 not defined in file libavcodec.so.52 with link time reference
failure
sezamnet

Re: ZM refuses to start

Post by sezamnet »

I would have uninstalled ZoneMinder, ffmpeg and libavformat libavcodec libavdevice.

Was getting this error when I compile ZoneMinder with "- with-ffmpeg =" and libavformat, libavcodec, libavdevice, ffmpeg from pack. Rpm

I recommend to uninstall all and compile ffmpeg and Zoneminder.
kongobongo

Post by kongobongo »

All is now working again, it seemed to be an SQL issue in the end, reinstalled and it all appears fine...

I've lost all of my events but i can live with that
anupmankar

Post by anupmankar »

I have the same problem. I increased my shared memory and ran cec manually. I see an FFMPEG error.

Code: Select all

symbol av_free_packet, version LIBAVCODEC_52 not defined in file libavcodec.so.52 with link time reference
I recently reinstalled ffmpeg to add x264 support. That process had its share of problems with a lot of errors like the one above. Any clues how I can go about fixing this?
Pada

Post by Pada »

I've now came across this problem same when installing ffmpeg & zoneminder from source on Ubuntu 10.04.1 x86:

Code: Select all

Starting ZoneMinder: /usr/local/bin/zmfix: relocation error: /usr/local/lib/libavdevice.so.52: symbol av_new_packet, version LIBAVCODEC_52 not defined in file libavcodec.so.52 with link time reference
failure
I've tried uninstalling both ffmpeg & zm by running make uninstall and deleting the linked libraries.
After installing them again, the problem was still there.

The simple solution to this was to install ffmpeg using the package manager: # sudo apt-get install ffmpeg
which installed the following packages: ffmpeg libavdevice52 libavfilter0

Update:
The steps that I've followed/described above did solve the ZM service starting issue, but I reckon that it did not fix everything, because my video capturing stayed broken. Like the Monitor was shown in red a few seconds after I start the ZM service.
I've now gone and did a distribution upgrade to 10.10, uninstalled ffmpeg libavdevice52 libavfilter0 and then installed ffmpeg and zoneminder from source again and it's now working 100%.