No Stream in Windows7 and Firefox

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
captain_morgan

No Stream in Windows7 and Firefox

Post by captain_morgan »

I'm having an issue with firefox 3.6 not showing the stream in windows 7. It shows images, in still mode, but no stream. Any ideas?
captain_morgan

Post by captain_morgan »

Am I missing something here, no one has an idea?
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

Do you have cambozola on ZM folder??? if so, reinstall it... http://www.charliemouse.com:8080/code/c ... est.tar.gz
mitch

Post by mitch »

cambozola shouldnt be required for FF.
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

bummer... that's correct... me bad...
mastertheknife

Post by mastertheknife »

If it shows still images instead of stream, its because ZM detected that your browser\bandwidth setting can't handle streams most likely.

Follow these steps:
1) First make sure to use JPEG streaming mode (instead of MPEG)
2) For high and medium (and also Low if you want) bandwidth settings, make sure "Use streaming or stills for live and events views" is ticked.
3) For high and medium (and also Low if you want) bandwidth settings, set "What the maximum frame rate for streamed video should be" to your capture FPS (e.g. 5) or a little higher, although i found using your capture fps here works best, higher than capture fps causes slight lag with high replay rate.
4) In Images tab, make sure "CAN_STREAM" to "auto" (This makes ZM auto detect if your browser supports jpeg streaming natively, or need to use cambozola)
5) Although you use firefox which supports jpeg streaming natively, some others don't and heres how you set up cambozola: make sure OPT_CAMBOZOLA is ticked and PATH_CAMBOZOLA is set to "cambozola.jar" and RELOAD_CAMBOZOLA is set to 0.
Also i recommend getting latest version of cambozola.jar, it can be found here: http://www.charliemouse.com/code/cambozola/

mastertheknife.