How to Backup Zoneminder events?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
raquelvalle

How to Backup Zoneminder events?

Post by raquelvalle »

Hi,

I want to backup all Zoneminder events in dvds. I have more than 15000 events.

My questions are: How can I do that? And how can I see all events on Zoneminder using those dvds? Is it possible?

I have already searched some solutions, but I didnt find anything involving dvds.

Thanks
whatboy

Post by whatboy »

I think the best way is to create videos of all events, whether by event or by day then store'em on DVDs, you won't be able to view them on Zoneminder, but any video player would...

See this link... http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14811
coke

couple of topics on backups

Post by coke »

What're the legal necessities for saving video? I've got 46 cameras running at the moment, some of them mexapixel, and have been asked to have 6 months of video. The 13TB drive space at the moment isn't enough, I plan to double that, but could really use a good solution to back them up. What do you back up terabytes wth these days, and do you have to timestamp the image for it to be admissable? Also, should it stay as jpegs, or be burned as a regular DVD?

I'd like to eventually put together a script to backup likely the jpegs and somehow attach the relevant database information so it can be easily be viewed later in zoneminder.
Flav

Post by Flav »

I one of my conf i save every day events on a 10Tb NAS like this :

//nasdata/daydate/zmserver/events --> for events
//nasdata/daydate/zmserver/mysql --> for mysql dump of the day

Another zm server (sin cam) is only for view backup, juste atache the good events path and the data base