site stops responding. ubuntu 9.10, clean install

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
floppyraid

site stops responding. ubuntu 9.10, clean install

Post by floppyraid »

this is so confusing.

check this out.

i get home and decide to check on a remote site install of zm. its a clean install. i log in over firefox and open go to view a live cam. it displays, but after displaying the first frame it stops for a second, and then when it refreshes it doesnt display an image (or rather, it displays the generic 'broken image' box).

so im like, ok, whats the deal? it becomes totally unresponsive to my browser. i ssh in and run df several times and see that drive space is still being used, so its obviously still recording. i scratch my head. i try to go back to the site again, but my browser just sits there, loading, waiting for data. it never times out. it just waits and waits and waits.

im also running webmin on the site so i pop that open and it loads no problem at all. i load up the default non zm page and it loads fine. apache is working with no problems.

so then i figure, ok, why not, might as well try something, so i try to open the site in opera--- and to my surprise it pops zoneminder right up-- but then the same thing repeats in Opera--- i go the montage view and its fine, but then when i exit that view and try to view a normal cam, it just sits there loading forever at a blank page, and now opera doesnt load anything.

if i close opera and reopen it, i get in just fine again.

im really super confused, any pointers at all would be great

ive got tons of these in my /var/log/apache2/error.log

Error, invalid monitor id 1
floppyraid

more

Post by floppyraid »

more details!

so in Opera or Firefox, when trying to watch a live cam feed, it displays the first frame but then it doesnt refresh- it gives me a broken image

so i tired to view it in internet explorer, and it gave me an error :D

line: 34
char: 9
error: Expected identifier, string or number
code: 0
URL: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/zm/index.ph ... tch&mid=14
Flav

Post by Flav »

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15348

The only way i find is rrestart apache