interlaced image plz help

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
littlej

interlaced image plz help

Post by littlej »

i managed to install an usb 2.0 doodle 4chanel at 25fps this one

but now the problem is i still have it black and withe, thats not such a big problem the problem is that the image looks like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oREoOZFiH8I

i tryed disable V4L_MULTI_BUFFER and increase CAPTURES_PER_FRAME but still the same problem, if any one has any idea ok, if not dont bother i'm expecting a pci card to test it :P
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

There seems to be something more than just interlacing going on here. In the video, it looks see the a interlaced ghost of the car that stays still in for more than 1 frame then disappears while you see car moving the whole time.

This shouldn't be happening. You should the two different interlaced versions of the car both moving in each frame.

This might be an issue with the video encode to youtube. But check the frames of the event one-by-one and make sure that there isn't an interlaced ghost lingering.

As to the issue interlacing itself. It's a general issue of the analog TV format. Analog TV's naturally blur the scan-lines so you see a moving object as a blur instead of broken scan-line image. You'll see this if you play a DVD that is using interlaced video on movie player with deinterlacing disabled.

Zoneminder doesn't de-interlace video. It'll probably be to expensive to try to apply a de-interlacing on the fly. You're options are to record in 1/2 resolution (320x240 for NTCS) or apply de-interlacing to a event you need to see an interlaced image clearer.

To deinterlace in event you can encode it to a video file and use a video editor to deinterlace it or you can go to individual jpeg files and deinterlace them with Photoshop or the GIMP.

If you chose to use Photoshop or the GIMP to de-interlace images, you don't have to run the deinterlace filter on the entire image, as that degrades the non-interlaced parts of the image. You can select the interlaced parts of the image, copy it to a new layer on top of the base layer and then apply the deinterlace filter on the new layer. I can do a video tutorial of this using the GIMP if anyone is interested.