Multuple ZM boxes into one?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
quietas

Multuple ZM boxes into one?

Post by quietas »

I've got 4 ZM boxes out at remote locations with 8-16 cameras each. They are working fine and I have access via our VPN between offices.

But I'm wondering if there is a way to have a 5th box setup for viewing of all cameras between all 4 boxes? Some sort of aggregator similar to an RSS feed.
kingofkya

Post by kingofkya »

if all you want is viewing check out some of the clients in the wiki the one labeled zm viewer seams the best for what you want to do.
quietas

Post by quietas »

I've got that set up, but I want to be able to make it available to multiple people. Setting up 10 office managers and execs with ZM Viewer is a pain in the rear since there is no way to make it portable or to copy settings. A web page to log into on the intranet would be much easier.
coke

Post by coke »

You could setup a 5th box with all the zm streams as remote cameras, set to monitor. There'd obviously be a time delay with playback, depending on the speed of your 4 remote machines. This only helps with live access, not events, unless you have the drive space on the 5th machine to record instead of view.
quietas

Post by quietas »

How exactly would I address the feeds from the 4 different ZM boxes? I had forgotten to mention that all the feeds fro the cameras are analog and thus are wired directly to each unit.
DREMA

Post by DREMA »

Correct me if I'm wrong.

With your feed type set to "jpg" open one monitor and right clic on the image, depending of your browser, you could "copy URL address", or check the properties. In any case the url should be something like

http://xxxxx.xxxx.org/cgi-zm/nph-zms?mo ... 1258482788

That is using hashed authentication.

Now on the new zm box, use remote location and that url for the source.

Hope this works to you.
wobbly

Post by wobbly »

Yes the method that you describe is what is supposed to work.
However in version 1.24.1 & 2 the field "remote Path" in the add new monitor panel seems to have an error. The copy/pasted URL is chopped off/truncated after saving.
This can be seen if a new remote monitor is added and saved but source stays red (sometimes briefly turns orange until it is selected then changes back to red).
open the source again and I see that a part of the URL text is gone.
I've been faffing about with this for a week or so and I cannot get any remote cameras defined at all.

Any suggestions ?
DREMA

Post by DREMA »

Have you tried with simple authentication?
Blazer

Post by Blazer »

What about making a simple HTML page that just hotlinks the montage view of the seperate servers, or even direct image link to each monitor url ,then you would have them all on one page.