help, script to generate an MPEG video per day

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
arielf

help, script to generate an MPEG video per day

Post by arielf »

someone has any script to take an example, since I need to create a single mpeg file per day with events generated by each monitor.

alguien , tiene algun script, para tomar de ejemplo , ya que necesito generar un solo archivo mpeg por dia con los eventos que genera cada monitor.
trendkill

Re: help, script to generate an MPEG video per day

Post by trendkill »

here is the script:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56997

but i can't run it. Please, if you can, tell me how.

arielf wrote:someone has any script to take an example, since I need to create a single mpeg file per day with events generated by each monitor.

alguien , tiene algun script, para tomar de ejemplo , ya que necesito generar un solo archivo mpeg por dia con los eventos que genera cada monitor.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

There will be something coming in the 'official' distro that will do this for you fairly shortly if you can wait a bit.
Phil
arielf

Post by arielf »

thanks, for the tip,, how much time is? probandondolo way to go there?
redebeer

script

Post by redebeer »

If you havnt found solution yet, read the post on the link http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=56997 almost in the middle, one guy wrote (run/terminal) : /usr/bin//php <filename>

where filename = the name of the script...so if you've saved the script as /home/genscript
then you will have /usr/bin/php /home/genscript

And like the next guy posted, it would be better to have cron setup to do it daily for you