1.24.2 - nph-zms hangs on

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
googie

1.24.2 - nph-zms hangs on

Post by googie »

After upgrade from 1.23.x to 1.24.2 I have a problem with streaming images.

Generally:
I have 2 problems:

1) 1 camera defined at once = proper preview (for each camera), 2 cameras defined together = preview in both cameras is same as for camera2, like camera1 preview was overwritten. Note - I checked source settings for sure!

2) Even I define one camera at once, I still have problems with preview after few calls to open preview window - it might freeze sometimes. Looks like it's caused by nhp-zms hanging on (I see many processes of it in system).

Details:
I have two cameras defined and both of them work correctly, except if they are both defined at the same time, then only images from second are streamed - I mean that I preview first camera and second camera and both previews shows me images from second camera.

Even more - sometimes the preview freezes with no reason (a dateTime field on image doesn't change).

Additionaly, I checked 'ps aux | grep zms' and I found that there are many processes of nph-zms hanging on - as many as number of my tries to preview any camera.

I have to execute 'killall nph-zms' to clean them up. After that I have no problem with freezing preview - but just for first preview. More previews = more problems with them.

If I define each of my cameras as the only one in zoneminder, then I can preview it correctly for each camera (but nhp-zms processes still hangs).

Any ideas what to do? I'm already out of them...
CoYoTe

Post by CoYoTe »

which kind of video capture board and cams are you using?
Alejandro
mitch

Post by mitch »

In theory the nph-zms processes should auto timeout after they can't send data for a certain amount of time have you seen if they die after 10 minutes for example?
googie

Post by googie »

CoYoTe wrote:which kind of video capture board and cams are you using?
The board is: Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)

I'm not sure about cams, since they have no name on themself - I didn't buy them, neither install them.

It all used to work before linux kernel and zoneminder update.
mitch wrote:In theory the nph-zms processes should auto timeout after they can't send data for a certain amount of time have you seen if they die after 10 minutes for example?
You're right ;) They disappeared after few minutes, but still - I cannot see preview from first camera - both cameras show me preview from second one :( Not to mention about picture freezes...