Zoneminder on Debian MIPS

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
newvisionantenna

Zoneminder on Debian MIPS

Post by newvisionantenna »

Would it be safe to say Zoneminder could be compiled from the main source and ran on a Debian Mips based setup? I've got a very unique device going and if I have the time want to get Zoneminder up and running on it.
PeterHoward

Re: Zoneminder on Debian MIPS

Post by PeterHoward »

newvisionantenna wrote:Would it be safe to say Zoneminder could be compiled from the main source and ran on a Debian Mips based setup? I've got a very unique device going and if I have the time want to get Zoneminder up and running on it.
The one thing I can think of you'll need to watch (from packing it up for Debian) is to turn off the stack tracing at configure time; it's x86-specific.

If you go to http://packages.debian.org/sid/zoneminder you'll see MIPS as one of the supported platforms. No idea if it runs :) but at least you should be able to start it up.

PJH
newvisionantenna

Thanks for the link. Hopefully I can get time to look into it. Would love to get your help if you had time, trying to make a special build of Zoneminder for a certain device that people can use.

Before I spend a lot of time on it, honestly how good do you think Zoneminder would run on something with around a 600mhz processor and 128mb ram? Could it handle a couple camera's at lower resolution? I don't intend it to compete with a full on quad core or something, just a low power and small handy little server.

edit: Installing the mips deb package now. When it's done do I have to symlink something to view zoneminder's webgui? Guess I'll find out soon.
newvisionantenna

Everything installed fine, and I did ln -s /usr/share/zoneminder /var/www/zm. If I go to the page it shows just the directory. I'm sure it's something simple, off to search and figure it out.
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

Code: Select all

ln -s /etc/zm/apache.conf /etc/apache2/conf.d/zm.conf
And restart apache.
newvisionantenna

I'm an idiot, I did the symlink wrong. I had it going to /var/www/zm/zoneminder. Anyway, got that fixed and now I'll try your suggestion, but I've already seen the page up and running, very happy so far.
newvisionantenna

Got an AXIS 320x240 cam up and running great. Very impressed and thanks for the package. We'll see where this leads now. Back to wrapping up this device for everyone to use.