zone settings to change to not pick up light level changes?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
limitlessent

zone settings to change to not pick up light level changes?

Post by limitlessent »

I am currently using the default zone settings.
What settings in particular should I start playing with to try to get it to not pick up light level changes?
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

The "Overload Frame Ignore Count" parameter on the zone settings pages helps the motion detection ignore lighting changes a little bit. You can try setting it to the fps of of your monitor to tell it to ignore drastic pixel changes for 1 second and then keep raising the value until you get acceptable results. It won't eliminate all the false motion events based on lighting changes but it will reduce the number of them significantly.
limitlessent

Post by limitlessent »

Ok... I have my max fps set to 15 but then a 0 in the alarm max frame count. My recordings are usually at 29.xx fps.

So should I set it up 15 or 30 ?
timcraig wrote:The "Overload Frame Ignore Count" parameter on the zone settings pages helps the motion detection ignore lighting changes a little bit. You can try setting it to the fps of of your monitor to tell it to ignore drastic pixel changes for 1 second and then keep raising the value until you get acceptable results. It won't eliminate all the false motion events based on lighting changes but it will reduce the number of them significantly.
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

I would say start at 15 and see what kind of results you get. If you still get too many false alarms due to lighting changes then raise it little by little (maybe increments of 7).