Page 2 of 2

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:23 pm
by BlankMan
Seeing a lot of these when doing the make:

Code: Select all

zm_comms.h: In member function ‘virtual int Socket::send(const std::string&) const’:
zm_comms.h:323: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 7 has type ‘size_t’
zm_comms.h: In member function ‘virtual int Socket::recv(std::string&) const’:
zm_comms.h:332: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 6 has type ‘long unsigned int’
zm_comms.h: In member function ‘virtual int Socket::recv(std::string&, size_t) const’:
zm_comms.h:345: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 6 has type ‘size_t’

108 to be exact. Don't know if that's bad at the moment.

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:18 pm
by monex

maybe it's a problem with mootools. You could try to download a newer version. Maybe you also could look into /var/apach2/ log files and look if some error occurred.

Hope this helps

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:25 pm
by BlankMan
mootools? I don't think I have that installed, at least there's no rpm package installed...

Just checked, no mootools in the SuSE distribution unless I need to add a repository?

Looks like I got this that came with the ZoneMinder source:

Code: Select all

ZoneMinder-1.24.2 # ls web/tools/mootools/
Makefile              mootools-1.2-more-yc.js    mootools-1.2.1-core-yc.js  mootools-1.2-more-nc.js  mootools-1.2.1-core-nc.js
Do I need to upgrade or get a different version of that?

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:30 pm
by BlankMan
Well I have all these modules installed


as rasmuslerdorf mentioned and I only need to add


and I installed them one by one to see which one might be the one and I configured and compiled with --enable-sockets and the buttons still are not working and neither is the progress bar.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:19 am
by jfkastner
try another browser - i had opera 10,1010,1020,1050 , IE6,7,8, FF35,36,37 etc - the only one that really worked throughout all of ZM was FF307!
if it's your own machine there's no (security) problem using older browsers
also proxys/browsercaches interfere with it, the whole GUI works only 'in realtime' best (no caching etc)

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:14 am
by BlankMan
Yeah, tried Konqueror, buttons don't even show up. Was going to try IE the other day when my WiFi AP fried, haven't got back to it yet, only my laptop has Windoze on a dual boot and I don't boot it too often. I'll try some of the other ones you mentioned, see if I have any better luck, thanks.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:50 am
by BlankMan
Ok, this is totally bizarre, in the Monitor (watch) screen the buttons started working and the State: Idle - 30.74 fps Mode: Replay Rate: 1x Delay: 16.49s Buffer: 49% Zoom: 1.0x fields are now filled in and in the Montage view State: Idle - 30.74 fps State: Idle - 15.37 fps fields are also filled in.

The only thing I've done since all the PHP stuff earlier today which didn't help was delete all events and put both cameras in Monitor mode they were in Modect mode.

Weird. Put them both back in Modect mode the fields in Montage view are still filled in. Buttons still work in Monitor view and fields are still filled in. Buttons now work when viewing an Event and progress bar is working.

Really Weird. Hope it keeps working.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:03 pm
by clipo
I've tried the same browser that allowed the buttons to work on a identical system but with no success.

I've not done anymore investigation into the cause of this problem or why it works on some and not others.

I need some one to suggest a direction to start to dig

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 pm
by BlankMan
clipo I'm using the same browser FireFox on the same laptop and it started working. I hadn't gotten around to try anything else, just happened to be looking at the Montage and saw there was fps all of a sudden so I checked everything else out and low and behold it was working. Really weird. What worries me now is that just as easily as it started working for no reason it could stop working again for no reason.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:02 am
by jfkastner
i would still suspect the browser cache causing the problem:

if, after some use, the cache gets flushed (exceeded its set size limit), and the older ZM stuff gets thrown out -> it works again, for a while, till the cache holds again many of the directives to the server, and your problem starts again

try flushing (=deleting) the cache and see if that helps!

i had it run thru a squid proxy for a while and had all kinds of intermittent malfunctions

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:12 pm
by BlankMan
Ah, thanks. I didn't think of flushing the cache when I was recompiling. It's still working, I'll keep that in mind if it acts up agaiin.

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:28 am
by BlankMan
Still having problems with this. The rewind & fast-forward buttons are usually grayed out and unusable, and the other buttons don't always respond/work. And the progress bar stutters and sometimes doesn't completely fill in till long after the event is done playing. This is when doing this on the local network at High Bandwidth.


Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:01 pm
by clipo
Sorry for the capitalised title but it made my happy...

So Ive solved the particular issues causing my buttons to stop working.

The problem was I had my zoneminder forced to use an SSL connection for all of its pages and this was causing it to be broken, fairly stupid thing for me to over look but there is it.

now how to get them to work with SSL turned on.


Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:39 am
by cordel
Thanks for that Clipo, I'll take a look at that in a bit. We had the same not so trivial issue on the first interface as well. I should have time this week.

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:33 pm
by clipo
cordel have you had time to look at the issues with an SSL connection for the zoneminder interface.