Unable to decode jpeg

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
Blazer

Unable to decode jpeg

Post by Blazer »

Anyone else ever seen these errors?

Code: Select all

Mar  6 15:24:20 zm zmc_m4[3691]: ERR [Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOI markers]
Mar  6 15:24:20 zm zmc_m4[3691]: ERR [Unable to decode jpeg]
Mar  6 15:24:20 zm zmc_m4[3691]: ERR [Failed to capture image from monitor 4 (0/1)]
I'm getting them on 3 different installations, 2 on FC10 servers, and one on CentOS 5.2. All are fresh installs, no optimized libjpeg or anything like that.

I'm going back to 1.23.3 (which works fine) until the problem reveals itself.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

This message come from libjpeg. The general format that is used is like that listed here.

If you put debug on then you may be able to see whether there really are two versions of the 0xffd8 marker.
Phil
Blazer

Post by Blazer »

I agree this seems like a libjpeg issues, but what is puzzling me is why does ZM 1.23.3 work fine on the same machines, using the same libjpeg, same ffmpeg, etc? I am currently running 1.23.3 on those machines as I just cannot get 1.24.1 to work. Perhaps could be some other issue, like the ver of perl or something. I will continue investigating.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

It should not relate to perl as that isn't used for that part. Perhaps you could do a comparative debug check between the two versions and see if anything is different. Also maybe run wireshark when just looking at a cam in your browser and see if there really are two SOI markers. It is possible that there aren't but ZM is passing extra bytes or something though I would have expected that to mess up all netcams if that was the case.
Phil
liviab

Unable to decode JPEG

Post by liviab »

Blazer, did you try to install the version 1.24 again?
I'm with the same problem with JPEG. :(
cordel

Post by cordel »

Can you check the setting between the two versions?
Some settings have moved from being global to a per monitor and maybe something is not getting set along the way. Regex comes to mind now under the source tab.
liviab

Post by liviab »