How to install zm 1.24.1 from source on Ubuntu 8.10 - SOLVED

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

ohhh... it's the same i have...
i spent hours but i can't fix it yet!
craver84

Post by craver84 »

I've got this error:

Code: Select all

collect: recompiling zm_rtp_ctrl.cpp
collect: recompiling zm_comms.cpp
collect: relinking
zm_mpeg.o: In function `VideoStream::EncodeFrame(unsigned char*, int, bool, unsigned int)':
/home/garda/zm/src/zm_mpeg.cpp:362: undefined reference to `av_init_packet'
/home/garda/zm/src/zm_mpeg.cpp:341: undefined reference to `av_init_packet'
zm_rtsp.o: In function `RtspThread':
/home/garda/zm/src/zm_rtsp.cpp:183: undefined reference to `avformat_alloc_context'
/home/garda/zm/src/zm_rtsp.cpp:183: undefined reference to `avformat_alloc_context'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [zmc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/garda/zm/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/garda/zm'
make: *** [all] Error 2
solutions?
Last edited by craver84 on Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newvisionantenna

Post by newvisionantenna »

Not sure what's up with your install. I just generated a video on my demo with no problems.
jsylvia007

Post by jsylvia007 »

I'm starting from complete scratch using my guide. I am almost done, this time using your ffmpeg.

If i still have an issue, i'll post the guide here.
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

I'll appreciate your guide if it works.
Because by now i also have zm with the same problem that ffmpeg...

zmu: error while loading shared libraries: libavformat.so.52: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Maybe the best solution is to install again ubuntu.
craver84

Post by craver84 »

I think that my error (av_init_packet) is due to ffmpeg....
but I had no error when i did configure and make
what can I do?
How can I see if ffmpeg works good?
newvisionantenna

Just checking, but did you run make clean on my ffmpeg? I think that was zipped up after I had configured it so it might have settings I put in it. Just something to think about, maybe it wouldn't have an effect on anything but thought I would bring it up.
jsylvia007

Post by jsylvia007 »

Still no success after 9 freaking clean rebuilds with 3 different ffmpeg packages.

CODE AND STEPS REMOVED TO PREVENT CONFUSION, Please See Wiki:

Ubuntu 8.10 Vanilla 32bit (with FFmpeg SVN, ZoneMinder SVN, jscalendar-1.0, cambozola-0.7)

Either way, everything configs, builds, and installs without complications, yet I am still unable to generate videos or view the mjpeg live stream.

There has to be someone out there (OR A DEVELOPER!!!!!!!) who can help us with this. Surely the developers version works with whatever ffmpeg they are compiling against...
Last edited by jsylvia007 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:42 am, edited 8 times in total.
newvisionantenna

That just blows my mind because I'm sitting here with 8.04 making videos and streaming with mpeg if I turn on that option. If you send me a pm I'll let you log on with admin rights to my demo and let you test it out. Keep in mind firefox doesn't do the mpeg streaming or atleast from what I recall, yet firefox will generate the video. Look on the demo and I generated a video for you to see.

Click on the middle camera and then the event you see listed there. Then click on video and you will see it there. Either click view or download and with IE7 it plays with quicktime for me or downloads in the proper format. I know this is probably not helping you but it shows it can and does work.
jsylvia007

Post by jsylvia007 »

I know... This is why i'd like a developer to take a peek @ this thread.

Whats really weird is that from the command line i can run:

zmvideo.pl -e <eventid>

and it will generate a video!

It looks like there is something weird going on as to how ZoneMinder web interface calls the zmvideo.pl file.

I run a very standardized environment here, but i might just have to bite the bullet and use your 1.24.1 install DVD based on Ubuntu 8.04. But that comes with quite a bit extra that I'd never use, and also runs in 8.04 and not 8.10.
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

Do you think that could be a problem caused by ubuntu's version???
I think that very weird! Perhaps nothing like try.
newvisionantenna

I plan on cleaning up and removing some stuff. I think most people will like the addition of Asterisk/Freepbx for a complete VoIP/Security server. The reason I chose 8.04 LTS was for long term usage. I've used 8.10 and like it but I wanted something that's going to be around for some time. I should have an updated demo tomorrow so you can see what everything will look like. Right now I'm staring at the 3 routers spread across my work area to make sure the network is stable.

I'm thinking about reviving my work on usb cameras/routers because the current network in front of me would support such devices. This would be really low end type video feeds because the 2.4 kernel I'm running in the routers cannot support mjpg_streamer. The main target would be the use of Lan IP camera's so your not running cable all over the place. I could think of a couple good uses for example, you need to cover two sides of a building, put the wireless router at the corner and then have lan cable going to each IP camera. I'll talk more in the dvd thread, don't want to clutter up this good post.
jsylvia007

Post by jsylvia007 »

I would like that addition, the problem for me, is that we are already running a full Trixbox (based on Asterisk) solution for our VOIP system, so that would be overkill for me.

I'm going to try a clean install using the same directions on 8.04 server later when my head is clear.
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

newvisionantenna,

What is the date for the launch of your dvd??
punk_ecas

Post by punk_ecas »

I think i have my problem solved.

aptitude install apache2 php5-mysql libapache2-mod-php5 mysql-server libmysqlclient15-dev libarchive-zip-perl libdate-manip-perl libdevice-serialport-perl libjpeg62 libjpeg62-dev libmime-perl libstdc++6 libwww-perl zlib1g zip unzip patch ntp openssl libpcre3-dev libssl-dev libjpeg-progs libcurl4-gnutls-dev munin munin-node libmime-lite-perl netpbm libbz2-dev subversion libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libavcodec-dev 
This 3 packets: libavformat-dev libswscale-dev libavcodec-dev
I've not install them, because they already come with ffmpeg.

I've installed the newvisionantenna's ffmpeg version, now mpeg is streaming, i didn't test the conversion of events... tomorrow i'll see that..

This was a long day... with a so simple thing....