1.24.0 Preview

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
zoneminder
Site Admin

1.24.0 Preview

Post by zoneminder »

I have just uploaded the most recent preview version of 1.24.0. You can download it from here.

Lots of minor tweaks and fixes (including security fixes) but the major feature changes are

The main changes in this version, aside from bugfixes and many small changes, are

1) Supports MPEG4 input from cameras. Currently only works with Axis and ACTi cameras but only because those are the only ones I have been able to test.
2) Completely rewritten web GUI. Although it look pretty much the same the file organisation is completely different. Every page is now xHTML and much cleaner with all styling done via CSS. This will also allow support for other custom interfaces (skins) in future.
3) Optional use of mapped memory instead of shared memory.
4) Uses Video for Linux version 2 if present on your system. Monitors can be configured to use version 1 if preferred though.

I do not recommend installing this version over a 1.23.x system yet as the upgrade has not been properly tested. Also there may be multiple bugs and issues. I also recommend installing into a new web directory as nearly all the web files have changed.

Please report issues in this thread only (ie not new threads in the 1.23.x forum) until a dedicated 1.24.0 forum has been set up.

Further details to follow but I am on a train at the mo and about to get into my station!
Last edited by zoneminder on Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Followups now to 1.24.x forum please.
Phil
rdmelin

Post by rdmelin »

zoneminder wrote:
I do not recommend installing this version over a 1.23.x system yet as the upgrade has not been properly tested.
So I figured I might as well test it. :)

Code: Select all

Upgrading database to version 1.24.0
Loading config from DB
No option 'ZM_OPT_MPEG' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/Zon
eMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
No option 'ZM_PATH_MPEG_ENCODE' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5.
10.0/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
No option 'ZM_WEB_MONTAGE_MAX_COLS' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_per                                                l/5.10.0/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
No option 'ZM_WEB_MONTAGE_WIDTH' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5                                                .10.0/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
No option 'ZM_WEB_MONTAGE_HEIGHT' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/                                                5.10.0/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
No option 'ZM_WEB_DOUBLE_BUFFER' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5                                                .10.0/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
No option 'ZM_WEB_FRAMES_PER_LINE' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl                                                /5.10.0/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
No option 'ZM_WEB_FRAME_LINES' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5.1                                                0.0/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
No option 'ZM_WEB_DVR_STREAMING' found, removing at /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5                                                .10.0/ZoneMinder/ConfigAdmin.pm line 1676.
Saving config to DB
ERROR 1093 (HY000) at line 54: You can't specify target table 'Config' for updat                                                e in FROM clause
Output:
Command 'mysql -hlocalhost -uzmuser -pzmpass zm < /usr/lib/zm/upgrade/zm_update-                                                1.23.3.sql' exited with status: 1
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hi.

Great news with 1 and 2.

Just wondering about 3 (Optional use of mapped memory instead of shared memory) - how's it's better then shared memory?
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

rdmelin wrote: ERROR 1093 (HY000) at line 54: You can't specify target table 'Config' for updat e in FROM clause
Output:
Command 'mysql -hlocalhost -uzmuser -pzmpass zm < /usr/lib/zm/upgrade/zm_update- 1.23.3.sql' exited with status: 1
Thanks Ross, should be fixed in next drop.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

SyRenity wrote:Hi.

Great news with 1 and 2.

Just wondering about 3 (Optional use of mapped memory instead of shared memory) - how's it's better then shared memory?
The main reason it _may_ be better is that you don't have to fiddle around with sysconfig to allocate the right amounts of space etc, plus you shouldn't get segments left lying around afterwards. Both of these should reduce the number of problems that people get with 'shared memory id' errors and so should reduce the support load :) Performance-wise I very much doubt there will be any difference at all. It's a bit more of a modern approach as well I suppose. A lot of people don't really know what shared memory is.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

New RC version 2640 put up, link updated in first message in thread.

Fixes all issues reported thus far I think.
Phil
cordel

Post by cordel »

Were you able to get my patch in, and was it acceptable?
Wasn't sure if I should have formatted the rest of functions.php to match the addition.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Yep, patch included. There were two versions, one posted and one mailed. Though they were called the same one was bigger but I think all changes have been made.

I didn't look at any formatting so assume it was ok :lol:
Phil
cordel

Post by cordel »

Formatting was just cosmetic in web/includes/config.php to fill the permissions array for the default user. I didn't space the rest to make columns line up so you could specifically see what I was doing at a glance.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Well it looks like it lined up ok. Actually config.php is a derived file anyway. The source for that is config.php.in so it got wiped the first time anyway.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Link now updated for latest version. Contains fixes for most of todays issues plus some largely untested code for keeping the Notes fields in events up-to-date as the event progresses. So all zones that contributed at any time etc will be listed allowing searches for activity in zones. Previously only the initial zone (or other trigger) was included in the event.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Link updated. Multiple web fixes plus fix for nasty RTP over HTTP bug in MPEG streaming. Works much better now if you are tunnelling MPEG, which you would be if your are accessing external cams.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Updated. Slights tweaks to RTSP streaming and other minor web and script issues.
Phil
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Updated. Includes fixes for filters and event actions plus video streaming and generation tweaks and auto-detection of ffmpeg and netpbm (for new installs).
Phil