delete events older than x days

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.24.x releases only.
m_kane

delete events older than x days

Post by m_kane »

Is it possible make filter that deletes events older than for example five days?

I do mocord with four cameras daytime, and record one camera (other disabled) at night (motion detection does not work correctly at night)

I want to delete recorded events for this camera that are older than 5 days, so that they don't fill my disk.

I know there is purgewhenfull filter, but this way I know that I have five days allways left. And it would not delete other camera events.
PacoLM

Re: delete events older than x days

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

This is a filter that I have to delete events older than 10 days.

Hope it helps,

PacoLM
Attachments
zmfilter.png
zmfilter.png (22.27 KiB) Viewed 66736 times

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
m_kane

Post by m_kane »

thanks!
desills

Post by desills »

Ok, here is my question, I don't have the Delete option in my filters. I have one that says Purge When Full. So how do I get the Delete Option in the filters?
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

desills wrote:Ok, here is my question, I don't have the Delete option in my filters. I have one that says Purge When Full. So how do I get the Delete Option in the filters?
Have you seen the image attached some post above yours?. The delete option it's a checkbox at the end of the window, not a filter...

Regards,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
desills

Post by desills »

Ah, ok, I do see the Image a few post above mine and yet I do see at the very top of that image in the Filter Select Box that the user has selected next to where it says Use Filter, a filter entitled DeleteOldEvents*. I do not have that filter option available. I do have the Delete checkbox at the bottom, but it really looks to me like this guy IS using a filter and the Delete Checkbox at the bottom allows him to delete items matching the filter he has selected at the top. Please educate me if I am wrong.
KajiyamaVK

Post by KajiyamaVK »

I know this is old but since I'm here I'll answer this question properly. I know that probably (more like FOR SURE) the guy fixed his problem. I'm actually trying to help those that in the future find this post somehow.

The screenshot taken is a already saved filter so that's why you're seeing the name on the list. Actually, you're on this page to actually CREATE this profile that you're not finding. So, put in the option CHOOSE FILTER and that will give you the chance to add a new profile. In the name, you'll choose a description that you want for the filter - any name that you want. In the screenshot he used that name that you're not finding on the list - "DeleteOldEvents".

The rest you can copy what he did. Afterwards you click on SAVE at the bottom.
zumango

Post by zumango »

Hi
In the latest zoneminder, don't have Date/Time. It has Start Date/Time and End Date/Time
Which one should be selected.
Thanks
earlymeadow

Post by earlymeadow »

Start Date/Time works fine for me.