About unicode ant other non-latin1 charsets

If you would like to check the status of a language, volunteer to do a translation, or highlight or correct a problem in one of the existing language files then post here.
miwa

About unicode ant other non-latin1 charsets

Post by miwa »

There are many messages on this forum, where people have different troubles with encodings. This is becouse in ZoneMinder's code is using php function htmlentities which converts it's param into latin1, if other not set manually.

I solved this problem by replacing all lines, which includes this function, from htmlentities($some_text) to htmlentities($some_text, ENT_COMPAT, "UTF-8").

Would be better to make some patch for this, but it must to include also support for other, non-utf charsets, so i don't know, how to do it quickly and correctly :(
marcodefreitas

Re: About unicode ant other non-latin1 charsets

Post by marcodefreitas »

The definitive solution is to port Zoneminder to UTF-8, as the most of sites and GNU/Linux distros already done.
Start using gettext is good too.
lokidor

Post by lokidor »

For proper display of unicode characters on a server with utf-8 enabled in php, the php language files (in the lang folder) have to be encoded in utf-8.
I noticed it was not the case for my native language (french).
I fixed the issue by editing the file with vim and convert it to utf-8 with the following command in vim:

Code: Select all

:set fileencoding=utf-8
Not necessary, but I also forced utf-8 rendering in the web browser by decommenting the header line in the file and changing it to:

Code: Select all

header( "Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8" );
I hope this can help someone.
linflaas

Post by linflaas »

Hi all,

Having accentuated french characters not well displayed, i've just tried this :

sudo cp -p fr_fr.php fr_fr.php_sav
sudo iconv -f ISO-8859-15 -t UTF-8 -o fr_fr.php_utf8 fr_fr.php
sudo cp -p fr_fr.php_utf8 fr_fr.php

In the lang directory : /usr/share/zoneminder/lang