problem with axis 205

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
sendark

problem with axis 205

Post by sendark »

i have a problem configuring my axis 205, i have user 205 206 and 207 cameras but is impossible for me to configure it.

my 206 and 207 works but with the same configuration i cannot se nothing and with modect the host is in red..... i cannot see anything.

i have checked and seems to be a problem of memory, expected 320 and recieved 312, or something similar

the configuration is

remote server
http://192.168.1.22/axis-cgi/jpg/image. ... on=320x240
port:80
host 192.168.1.22
If I copy and paste the remote server in a navigator, i can get an image.....

so whats the problem?? could be something of the firmware????

or i need to have the same configuration in the camera for live viewing..........

Thanks a lot
Flash_

Post by Flash_ »

You shouldn't have the ip as part of the path

host 192.168.1.22
port 80
path /axis-cgi/jpg/image.cgi?resolution=320x240
color 24bit
width 320
height 240

There is NO difference in config between the 205, 206 and 207 as far as ZM is concerned, so if still have issues copy one of their configs EXACTLY (apart from IP) assuming they're configured on the same port.
sendark

camera

Post by sendark »

hi thanks for the reply but...... i'm using an axis 206 and 207 with the same access, and works....... i don't know what happens........

could be a problem of firmware? or........ a problem with suse 10.???
Flash_

Post by Flash_ »

There was a problem with the 207 firmwares, but afaik only relating to the 207w and its audio with the first batch. (I have one).

Apart from that it's identical to use and configure as the other axis cameras.

I can only guess something else:

Can you get a mjpeg feed in firefox from that url? If you *can*, I'm out of ideas as it has to be a config error in that camera's setup in ZM (delete that zm camera and try again is the easiest way).

If you can't get a pic - do the normal network checks. Also might be worth forcing a factory reset to the camera, in case a config in there has been badly broken. Updating the firmware might be worthwhile too, you never know :)
mickelin

Post by mickelin »

Flash_ wrote:You shouldn't have the ip as part of the path
Great! I had the same problem and it drove me crazy. Your recommendation solved it! Thanks a bunch.