JJTech / Gadspot NC1200 W10 - Image capture error

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
sacx13

Post by sacx13 »

I had the same problem with NC1200

and I made the following script to return the correct Content-type:

<?

$host=$_GET['host'];

if ($host!="")
{
$x = file_get_contents("http://".$host."/cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=0");
header("Content-type: image/jpeg");
header("Content-Length: ".strlen($x));
echo $x;
}

?>

I put the script in root on ZM webpage and I configured my remote camera with the ip of the zm and Remote Path :/nc1200.php?host=ip_camera

I hope this helps.

Regards
ogm

Post by ogm »

Hi Gadspot,

A week ago I had a connection (both wired and wireless does not work) and excessive heat problem on my first NC1200-W10 and thanks to the supplier they happily replaced it with a new one.

The first NC1200-W10 has firmware version C61200-WX-2.00.00.60630-ZZ and the replacement has C1200-WX-2.00.00.60728-A0.

I have noticed some cosmetic changes on the web interface and nothing more that I'm aware of.

Recent development:

1. WGETting in Windows works in both wired and wireless connection.
2. And in Linux only wired connection works.

I have traced the connection in ethereal/wireshark and I found out that there is a checksum error (the return image size is not the right size being advertised).

Actual excerpt from ethereal in Linux.

Window size: 5792
Checksum: 0xba62 [incorrect, should be 0x50dd]

Could be there is a problem with getimage.cgi with wireless connection or it could be something else. I tried changin the MTU on the network still did not work.

Hardware suggestion:

Put a heat sink on the IP camera - even my replacement still heats up so quickly.

Hi sacx13,

Thank you for your script. It worked on my wired connection but never on the wireless connection.

Is your NC1200 the wireless version? Is your script works on the wireless connection? What is the firmware version?

G'day
sacx13

Post by sacx13 »

Hi,

is a wire connection ... I don't know how to see the firmware version... Probably somewhere in configuration (at upload firmware) ? Now I don't have access to this cameras because are in other network and I cannot access them ... sorry .

Regards

P.S. Tell me if your content type returned by getting /getimage.cgi?motion=0 is still javascript ... and if yes ... why it doesn't work ? do you have a user/password on this cameras ?
tedhuntington

can't get GS1200G to work in Linux

Post by tedhuntington »

Did you get the GS1200G to work as wired in Linux? I can't get either to go. I guess the camera sends an activeX control through the network. It's amazing that this camera has a filesystem and CPU in it (I guess).

A person here http://www.lavrsen.dk/twiki/bin/view/Mo ... ot_GS1200G
says:
" If you want to set the parameters from linux you had to figure them out from winsoz application on IE (just read what the submit command do when you configure the webcam from winsoz!"

Ive never heard of winsoz, but this person must be looking at the TCP info?

Thanks
Ted
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

that will be windows.
But its pretty advanced stuff doing that
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
http://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk
tedhuntington

using socket

Post by tedhuntington »

I have been programming for years, and it doesn't look like it is that difficult. You just have to communicate with the camera IP, and duplicate the Windows commands. And hopefully the camera will send a jpg with header and everything all together.

This tutorial shows a basic server and client:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/2333

I think all I need to do is create a client and direct the traffic in an identical way to what "Wireshark" (the network monitor program) records in Windoz (yes this person probably ment Windoze).

I just think it would have been nice if Gadspot had skipped the idea of using an ActiveX control, they should know that many people use Linux now.

Ted
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

i agree but a lot of the cheaper cams use activex and i think they do this to provide a 'richer# experience to the end user.
maybe etherreal can show the path used?
James Wilson

Disclaimer: The above is pure theory and may work on a good day with the wind behind it. etc etc.
benjaminellison

Post by benjaminellison »

So has anyone made any progress on this? I'm running into the same issue -- I've tried FC 5 & 6, and Ubuntu -- all with the same results...

I can't get it working either via the wireless *or* the wired connection to the camera... Firefox on windows will at least pull up the page, and when accessing the /cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1 will pull up the video (mjpeg) stream. Firefox on linux just sits & spins.

Cambozola does nothing. VLC does nothing. Zoneminder of course does nothing...

I've tried shutting off the username/pw on the camera, and I've tested shutting off the linux firewalls, and the windows firewalls on the FC virtual instances I tested. The ubuntu I tested wasn't virtual -- and it, too, doesn't work.

Thoughts/suggestions?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

does 1.22.3 help?
James Wilson

benjaminellison

Nope, upgrade didn't make any difference.

I've watched the network traffic with Wireshark on a different box, and the camera's WYM server is responding to the Linux box's "GET" command... it just doesn't seem to make it through -- I believe it was mentioned by the author of this thread earlier, but the checksum is invalid on many of the packets -- but only when the camera is sending to the Linux box. When I make the request from a Windows box, the incoming packets don't have the checksum error.

veeery ieeeeeenteresting. :?

I've tried to netcat to the host/port...
When I request an invalid url from the camera (eg, GET /blah.html HTTP/1.1)
I get an immediate response that shows up in nc.
When I request any valid url, including the root (/) and the streaming video url, wireshark on a different box sees the responses on the network, but nothing comes through on netcat.

I've got the wireshark dumps (and can make more) if anyone is interested, I'll send them to you.
benjaminellison

saxc13 -- did you ever successfully use your script for motion=1 (mjpeg)?

ogm -- have you managed to get your NC1200 working yet, or is it still not visible from linux?
PeterHoward

Post by PeterHoward »

benjaminellison wrote:So has anyone made any progress on this? I'm running into the same issue -- I've tried FC 5 & 6, and Ubuntu -- all with the same results...

I can't get it working either via the wireless *or* the wired connection to the camera... Firefox on windows will at least pull up the page, and when accessing the /cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1 will pull up the video (mjpeg) stream. Firefox on linux just sits & spins.
One (possibly) useful thing I've noticed: I too have the Firefox problem on linux, but the problem is not there using Mozilla - i.e. run from the command line:

Code: Select all

mozilla http://{usual path bit}/cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1
and notice the difference to

firefox http://{usual path bit}/cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1
moses

Post by moses »

benjaminellison,

I had exayclty the same problem here. The Gadspot 1200 did not work.

upgrading to 1.22.3 helped. There are still some problems with
missing pictures. From time to time I get 10 or 20 empty/dark
images. So the cam presently is not usable for motion detection - but
at least I can watch the monitor.

ZM is running under Fedora6.
My config for remote path is: /cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1

But keep in mind that every time you change the monitor settings
you have to restart ZM.

regards
Bernhard
DaniT

Post by DaniT »

PeterHoward wrote:
benjaminellison wrote:So has anyone made any progress on this? I'm running into the same issue -- I've tried FC 5 & 6, and Ubuntu -- all with the same results...

One (possibly) useful thing I've noticed: I too have the Firefox problem on linux, but the problem is not there using Mozilla - i.e. run from the command line:

mozilla http://{usual path bit}/cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1
and notice the difference to

firefox http://{usual path bit}/cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1
I'm suffering the same issues. With linux, no mater what browser I use: firefox, mozilla, IE with wine, ephiphany or simply a wget to grab the index or the image, it keeps loading forever. I use ubuntu 6.10 and a wireless network, with windows it work flawlessly. I've also tried it with my MacBook (Mac OS X) and I'm getting the same results as on Linux, I've tried Safari, Camino and firefox, none working.

So It's not only a Linux problem, OSX doesn't work either and probably BSD won't.

BTW, On all platforms, you can ping the camera and it responds OK.

Those of you who have the camera working on a non-windows OS please add more details of your system and your setup so we can find where exactly the problem is.

DaniT
rockman

Post by rockman »

Similar issue....
It seems that the 1200 wont work when using the url to get image or stream video from mine.,
http://192.168.1.106/cgi-bin/getimage.cgi?motion=1 in IE brings a message to allow me to download a file, which of course is the streaming video.
If motion=0 lets me download a file, but with no extension, of course this is the JPG.

BUT when I use IE to go just the IP, the GUI works fine.
Dont know if this helps anyone else, but if you have any suggestions on settings for me, I would apprecate it.

I also, am attempting to use the security software to 'see' the video from this camera.