a9 Mini Camera HD IP

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
wild.lucifero

a9 Mini Camera HD IP

Post by wild.lucifero »

Hello to everybody,
I'm trying to add the A9 IP mini camera to zoneminder.
I found and installed the P2PCamWin SW Version 1.0.7.5 on my Windows 10 PC and it finds the A9 cam simply typing the UID and password and it works well. Well, I thought:"If p2pcamwin works well, why not zoneminder?"
Because I know the IP address that is assigned to the cam, I tried to analize the traffic from it to my PC (and viceversa) using wireshark and I found that the packets are only on UDP protocol (I didn't find any RTSP or HTTP or any other kind of packets, only the UDP) and the port is 55556.
The problem is that I don't know the right string to fill into the "source" field to add the monitor in zoneminder and VLC player too.
Is there a way to add a monitor into Zoneminder only by UUID and password like the P2PCamWin SW?
If not, how can I add this kind of CAMs?
I don't know the admin user, I think that there isn't; so I tried to insert the source PATH string with and without it, like:
rtsp://admin:password@IP_address:55556 and rtsp://UID_number:password@IP_address:55556
udp://admin:password@IP_address:55556 and udp://UID_number:password@IP_address:55556
or simply
udp://IP_address:55556 and rtsp://IP_address:55556
Of course I tried many kind of sources too...
Is there somebody that can helps me to solve this problem?
Really many thanks in advance

Michele
SteveGilvarry

Re: a9 Mini Camera HD IP

Post by SteveGilvarry »

I think this thread is the same camera. https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopi ... 35&t=28397
Looks like it phones home and setups the stream with a unique RTSP url each time. The software you referenced is probably their own client that talks to home base. All in all I would run away from that thing.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
wild.lucifero

Re: a9 Mini Camera HD IP

Post by wild.lucifero »

SteveGilvarry wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:42 am I think this thread is the same camera. https://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopi ... 35&t=28397
Looks like it phones home and setups the stream with a unique RTSP url each time. The software you referenced is probably their own client that talks to home base. All in all I would run away from that thing.
Hello SteveGilvarry, really many thanks for your reply.
Yes, it is. It is described at the end of that post but I'm not so advanced user to "joke" with Json.
The P2PCamWin SW isn't a dedicated SW. This SW needs only the UID and the password to add the cams. I just downloaded it and tried many SW before to find the right one; at the beginning I could see the CAM only by the Video0 app (for Android).

I bought the A9 CAM because I read that it was an onvif...

Thanks
Michele