Camera: PTZo PTX-20-SDI works, but won't MODECT

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
Baylink

Camera: PTZo PTX-20-SDI works, but won't MODECT

Post by Baylink »

This is a 3 or 4 year old running system with 11 Hikvision/Trendnet 314's that work and record fine, just upgraded to ... whatever's new in the PPA for U18.04 [ edit: It's running 1.36.5 ] -- I didn't upgrade to 20.04 on purpose, but don't remember why just now.

Anyways, I finally got all the settings figured out on the PTZo camera -- which stares at the face of my theatre's mainstage -- but even though I set it to MODECT, and everything else seems identical or equivalent to the other cameras (except the framerate, which is 15fps instead of 6), but while it shows up fine in Montage Review, and I can click it up to full screen (720p on the secondary encoder in the camera) and I don't get motion trails or anything in, like, ballet practice...

it refuses to motion detect and record events, in a way I haven't had a problem with for a long time.

Any suggestions from anyone on where's the best place to look for this?

No custom zones on any of these cameras, just full-frame motion detection.