Compatible NVRs/DVRs

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jpcy

Compatible NVRs/DVRs

Post by jpcy »

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any information about connecting a ZM installation to various NVR/DVR units.

I am contemplating a set-up where a local recorder is on-site for day-to-day use, but a 'back-up' copy, streamed from the DVR unit itself, is kept off-site on a ZM storage server.

Can ZoneMinder record streams from DVRs/NVRs and if so, which ones and how would one go about investigating compatibility, etc?

Many thanks for any help :)
Magic919

Re: Compatible NVRs/DVRs

Post by Magic919 »

I use mine with a Hikvision NVR, so ZM is watching those streams, rather than direct from the cameras. Anything that supports RTSP is likely to be fine.
-
jpcy

Re: Compatible NVRs/DVRs

Post by jpcy »

Magic919 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:02 am I use mine with a Hikvision NVR, so ZM is watching those streams, rather than direct from the cameras. Anything that supports RTSP is likely to be fine.
Thank you for the pointers :)

I have read a lot about the Hikvision products and I know a guy who installs them. I'll see if he has a few old boxes to lend me for a while.

Best regards.