We are currently looking into options to create some security for our church. We need to set up an alarm system and a CCTV system, plus a major overhaul to our IT infrastructure. As you can see from the list of cameras attached, we will be protecting three main buildings, Home and Domus are attached and opposite a very tiny street is the church. We are thinking to implement a set up like so:
Internet edge (modem) is at home – which will be followed by the Edge router to create the VLANS. At home we will have these VLANs:
1) CCTV – home
2) CCTV – domus (store)
Home will be connected with church via a wireless bridge (300Mbs link – Ubiquity Loco M5 probably)
At the end of the bridge we will have another managed switch and connect the rest of the CCTV cameras, which will be placed in VLAN: CCTV – church, and 2 Unifi Aps for guests, placed VLAN – guest. We will also host the Zoneminder server.
In total we are looking at 26 IP CAT6-connected POE-injected cameras in the following set up:
- 15 placed in church:
- 1 to record during business hours irrespective of movement or not and should sound the alarm if movement is picked during the night
- 14 to record only if there is motion and should sound the alarm if movement happens during the night. One of these 14 is to sound the alarm if movement happens at any time during the day (this will be zoomed very close to a statue, so that means if someone enters its field of view – there is trouble)
- 6 placed in/around domus: all to record on motion; 5 to sound an alarm if they pick some movement during the night; and 1 of these 5 to sound the alarm if it picks movement at any time of the day
- 5 placed in/around the house: all to record only on motion, and 3 of which to sound an alarm if they pick movement during the night.
- Be economic in resources (power usage and initial outlay)
- Be as green as possible
- AMD Ryzen 3 2200GE (4 cores / 8 threads @ 3.2Ghz) - https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd- ... md-ryzen-3 (35w TDP) – includes a Vega 8 GPU
- 2x8gb (16GB) RAM
- 1x128gb M2 for the OS – Ubuntu/Debian
- RAID1 (2 x 4TB 7200rpm Storage disks (1 Seagate, 1 WD))
- 1x GTX 1050 GPU (75w TDP) considering the Vega 8, do we need an external GPU?
- 1x 500w PSU
- 1x 2kVa UPS
Moreover, we understand that Zoneminder can also email with alerts and SMS too (presumably one needs an SMS trunk for this right?). Is this functionality easy to install?
We do not plan to have a monitor showing the feeds all the time, so essentially it will be a headless system, and only if there is an alarm raised will someone enter its GUI to check what is going wrong.
Considering that the domus is a store, would it be possible that we install an RFID panel reader so that people who have access to the store can enter without firing the alarm. If there is not such an option, what would you suggest we do for this scenario?
Do you have any recommendations on this set up, please? We are trying to convince the committee that it is better buying an open source solution which is scalable rather than tying in with a company and being locked in.
We would appreciate any comments you might have on the set up/solution.