Setting static IP-address for Sricam SH0024

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
JariR

Setting static IP-address for Sricam SH0024

Post by JariR »

Just purchased new Sricam SH0024 camera and now I'm having difficulties to set static ip-sddress for it when using wifi connection. By wired connection it seems to be possible to set static ip for it, but always when I disconnect ethernet cable from camera, it will ask some random ip address from router. Also tried a workaround by defining static arp from router for the camera's mac address without luck. Does anyone had have a luck when setting static ip address for Sricam SH-series camera? What I'am doing wrong with this camera, I've set up many cameras without problems but this is doing something vey weird I think?
CountyLine

Re: Setting static IP-address for Sricam SH0024

Post by CountyLine »

Following the instructions on this page http://www.sricam.com/article/id/45f9ac ... 96797.html should work.

The company says that the cam will work with Blue Iris, so it should be compatible with ZM as far as I know. You did click on save I presume.
JariR

Post by JariR »

CountyLine wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:28 pm Following the instructions on this page http://www.sricam.com/article/id/45f9ac ... 96797.html should work.

The company says that the cam will work with Blue Iris, so it should be compatible with ZM as far as I know. You did click on save I presume.
Yeah, found that instruction already and tried to follow it carefully without luck. Also tried to reset the camera betweeen tries. Actually it sometimes looks like it works a while with defined ip address, but if I power down the device and turn it on again (simulating power failure), it will get random, first free ip address from the router and naturally port forwardings do not work anymore. I'am going to look how the device will work for my needs and if I'll be satisfied to image quality I'll possibly go buy 30 meter ethernet cable for it in year 2020. :lol:

,,,and yes, it works with ZM as far as it keeps ip address that is known
CountyLine

Post by CountyLine »

Can you power it down and have it keep the IP if it is hooked up via Ethernet cable?
JariR

Post by JariR »

CountyLine wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:46 pm Can you power it down and have it keep the IP if it is hooked up via Ethernet cable?
Hmm, that's something that I didn't actually exactly tested... turning off the camera's wifi and power it down and on again when wired. I have to test this before buying any cables :) I'll test that tomorrow, the camera is currently in the tree and it is night time here so maybe it will be better to look it in daylight.
JariR

Post by JariR »

JariR wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:00 am
CountyLine wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:46 pm Can you power it down and have it keep the IP if it is hooked up via Ethernet cable?
Hmm, that's something that I didn't actually exactly tested... turning off the camera's wifi and power it down and on again when wired. I have to test this before buying any cables :) I'll test that tomorrow, the camera is currently in the tree and it is night time here so maybe it will be better to look it in daylight.
No, let's reverse this, I tested to turn wifi off when it was on the desk and it switched ip address to defined specific ip address then, but after I turned camera's wifi on, the ip changed.
CountyLine

Post by CountyLine »

Sounds like a bug in the camera's software. Contacting them might help generate a bug fix.

At least one of the developers has strongly suggested not using Wifi with ZM.

For what it's worth, I initially set up ZM with a couple of Wifi equipped cameras. It worked but was hit up too much. I finally bit the bullet and pulled a couple of hundred feet of Ethernet cable to get rid of the problems. Installing a POE switch at the far end helped.
JariR

Post by JariR »

I'll contact the manufacturer to see what they think about this. I've been playing with almost only with wifi connected cameras without this kind of issues. Of course there have been sometimes needs for camera or router reboots and that kind of things. I'm afraid that that I'm not getting very quick input from manufacturer since they are spending new year time in China and corona season is going on there.

Image quality of this camera looks good enough for my use so it would be a pity if it'll be impossible to use it in my system. There has been lot's of pixelation and tearing in image with earlier cameras that I've tested in this place, my goal is to be able to read registration plate numbers in daylight from slow moving vehicles. With one Foscam copy called Opticam, the vehicle itself was captured very sharp in the image but the register plate numbers were totally unreadable, it rather looked like it has been blurred on purpose.
coleganet

Post by coleganet »

You need to dowmload the srican software from android store or the factory tool from their download website

Anyway where's the problem with the app android you programming eady any static ip

The picture is a example connected to a nanostation n2 wired to a unifi gateway
Attachments
Screenshot_20200817-220608_Sricam.jpg
Screenshot_20200817-220608_Sricam.jpg (198.64 KiB) Viewed 6503 times