Pan/Tilt with wish.com camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
ccandreva

Pan/Tilt with wish.com camera

Post by ccandreva »

I bought a cheap wish.com camera to play with, and have rtsp streams working. Pan and tilt works with their app iCsee Pro, but I have not found any information to get it to work with outside apps.

Doing network captures on the app traffic, the pan/tilt protocol does not appear to be http based. Rather there is a long running tcp session that sends json back and forth, and the commands are coming from OUTSIDE the network. I haven't found much if any information on such cameras, I'm wondering if anyone else has done packet captures and played with things, or figured out the protocol ?

I've attached a tcpdump of some traffic.
Attachments
Cam.log
tcpdump of pan/tilt command traffic to cheap wish.com camera.
(5.01 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
ccandreva

Re: Pan/Tilt with wish.com camera

Post by ccandreva »

Seems the second time is the charm. The first time I played with this I couldn't get it to respond as an ONVIF camera, but this time it does. Anyone else looking I have it working with the Reolink RLC-423 option.