Camera Recommendations

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
MKEbrew

Camera Recommendations

Post by MKEbrew »

I have been looking through the hardware compatibility list and see some familiar names, and names I've never heard of before. I want to replace a couple Foscam (or fake Foscam, I'm not sure) cameras and add a few more. Preferably of more professional quality. Monitoring parking lot, doors, front/back of building.

Not looking for someone to say "use this camera, it exactly fits your needs" but more of a suggestion of what I should be looking at or maybe which models/brands you're really happy with.

Running an older version of Zoneminder right now (1.25) and will be upgrading to current version as part of my project.

Thank you!
river100

Re: Camera Recommendations

Post by river100 »

I have used Dahua for years. Very happy with them. "IP cam talk " has a section for dahua cameras the guys review them and post pictures and videos.
I can't say much about the other brands because I have only used Dahua and a couple super cheapies which weren't that bad.
Dahua has some awsome PTZ cams.
Cosmacelf

Post by Cosmacelf »

Any other camera recommendations, or is Dahua it? What did you end up using, @MKEbrew?
MKEbrew

Post by MKEbrew »

Thanks for the recommendations. I ended up going with some Riolink RLC-422 dome cameras and mounted them using this Hikovision dome mount https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075ZGFKHZ/ Worked out pretty well. I was originally looking for some higher end cameras, but ended up settling on these and am pretty happy so far.