Help with BT878 Card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
keybored

Help with BT878 Card

Post by keybored »

I'm configuring a new surveillance server for a non-profit, using the capture card from a defunct Windows Server. The original documentation is now missing, but from lspci and searching the forums, I'm pretty sure it is an "I-View CP-1400AS" from this post, as it also describes the current issue - only video from channel 3 is working. I've tried setting up a bttv.conf in modprobe.d, trying an array of card #'s (0 being the initially detected card #, 10, 77) flipping the options on and off, and rechecking after modprobe, with no success. I ensured that V4L_MULTI_BUFFER is set to off, but I think this is an issue with camera mod config, as I don't get any image from the other channels in other programs like xawtv, VLC, OBS. I'd appreciate some help in other steps to take to troubleshoot this before I give in and install the old software on windows :cry:

Some Specs:
Distro: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Zoneminder Version: v.1.32.1

lspci:
03:01.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
Subsystem: Device 8281:55aa
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 17
Memory at d0001000 (32-bit, prefetchable) size=4K
Capabilities: [44] Vital Product Data
Capabilities: [4c] Power Management version 2
Kernel driver in use: bttv
Kernel modules: bttv

v4l-info:
### v4l2 device info [/dev/video0] ###
general info
VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
driver : "bttv"
card : "BT878 video ( *** UNKNOWN/GENER"
bus_info : "PCI:0000:03:01.0"
version : 4.15.18
capabilities : 0x85200015 [VIDEO_CAPTURE,VIDEO_OVERLAY,VBI_CAPTURE,?,READWRITE,STREAMING,(null)]