Kodicom card on ubuntu 16.04 or latest

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
bergenst

Kodicom card on ubuntu 16.04 or latest

Post by bergenst »

Anyone know how to fix the kodicom card problem on newer versions of ubuntu16/18lts?, when you type dmesg it appears the kodicom card as "unknown generic" to fix on older version that you have to put some lines in the /etc/modprobe.conf file, then it will be fixed on my old ubuntu 12.04lts and be detected as kodicom 4400, but on newer ubuntu 16 and later, that fix is no longer working, i tried google but all tutorials are old now, my 12.04 is getting old now and some apps starts to stop its support
bergenst

Re: Kodicom card on ubuntu 16.04 or latest

Post by bergenst »

Oh well, I fixed it myself, for reference:

The fix for some unrecognized kodicom card "unknown generic" in the bttv line when you type "dmesg" in the terminal, by creating a modprobe.conf file to /etc/modprobe.conf and pasting a line of

Code: Select all

alias char-major-81 bttv
options bttv gbuffers=16 card=133,132,133,133 tuner=4,4,4,4
Inside the modprobe.conf only works with older versions of ubuntu usually 12.04 or older, to fix newer version of ubuntu like in 16.04, they have change the directory structure, its now /etc/modprobe.d, so you have to put the modprobe.conf into like "/etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf, along the pasted code inside it, now it works