Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I Compatibility

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
robjones2018

Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I Compatibility

Post by robjones2018 »

Hi folks,

New here and looking forward getting to grips with zoneminder! I'm researching cameras and the model which seems to best suit my needs is the Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I. It's 8MP and supports H.265.

http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_ac ... i6106.html

I've searched this forum, google, everywhere, to see if anybody has gotten this camera working with Zoneminder or not. Can anybody let me know if they've successfully managed to get this working and, if possible, the settings they used? I'm also keen to understand the fps they get out of it too.

Thanks in advance.

Robin
marrysgige

Re: Hikvision DS-2CD2185FWD-I Compatibility

Post by marrysgige »

Hi!

To be very honest I haven't used this particular camera so I won't be able to tell you about its settings but I have used other cameras that were similar to it and let me tell you normally cameras of this range offers 15-30 frames per second unless you go for the expensive ones which offers 90 FPS with 8 or 8.5 MP cameras.
¬ Always Keep Smiling ¬ :)