Amcrest says not recommended for ZoneMinder

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
texasaggie97

Amcrest says not recommended for ZoneMinder

Post by texasaggie97 »

I had bought an Amcrest camera to try out and got it working in ZoneMinder. Then I saw on forums here and else where that they had removed Basic Authentication from newer firmware versions. Because I need to get at least three more cameras, I contacted Amcrest to see if I could get assurances that I'd be able to use ZoneMinder (as well as Smartthings). Here is my email and their reply:
I recently purchased a IP2M-844EW and am happy with the performance and have been able to integrate it into ZoneMinder. However, reading your forums and elsewhere it looks like you have removed Basic Authentication in more recent firmwares, for at least some cameras and have not provided an way to pass in the credentials via the URL (such as Foscam). I don’t know if I got lucky with a camera with an old firmware, you added it back into new firmware revisions, or haven’t broken this model yet.

I need to get at least 3 more cameras but am hesitant to go with Amcrest despite being happy with this one if I am not going to be able to use them in the method I want to. I.e. in ZoneMinder and Samsung Smartthings.

Can you give me assurances that additional cameras of this model that I buy will not have this issue or should I find a different brand that does not have this issue. Or point me to a different comparable model that will work with Basic Authentication.
Hi,
Thank you for contacting us and we apologize for any inconvenience.
Unfortunately we do not recommend Zone Minder and Samsung Smart things for Amcrest cameras.So we cannot give an assurance.

With regards,
Simon Butler
kennbr34

Re: Amcrest says not recommended for ZoneMinder

Post by kennbr34 »

Dang, was just looking at some Amcrest cams too. Thanks for the heads up!
iconnor

Re: Amcrest says not recommended for ZoneMinder

Post by iconnor »

Fah. If I had half an hour and access to a cam I could ensure it works.