Cobra 63842 made by RDI Technologies, China

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
RedHeart

Cobra 63842 made by RDI Technologies, China

Post by RedHeart »

Has anyone tried to get the "4 Channel Wireless Surveillance System" (model 63842) sold by Harbor Freight to work with Zoneminder (on a Desktop/Laptop)?

I've been communicating with the company and they are impossible to get information out of... they insist that their technology will only work with tablets or smart phones. I've tried different tricks using VLC, but nothing seems to connect with the box.

The unit works fine with my tablet and phone, but I'd like to be able to use it to monitor for people coming into our yard while working, and the same for my wife. Their system also has pretty good (720 HD) video (and the night vision is exceptional), but its IR sensing range is... not adequate and doesn't allow for zoning.

I purchased it because of kids jumping the fences and stealing small items (told they're trying to just get enough money to buy their next fix) and it was what I could afford. I needed something wireless because the setup here precludes running cables. I cannot afford anything fancy, so recommendations for purchasing other units are not welcome.

If anyone has suggestions on how to get zoneminder (or VLC or other Linux software) talking with the Cobra 63842 unit, I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

RedHeart
davekelly1979

Re: Cobra 63842 made by RDI Technologies, China

Post by davekelly1979 »

Hello, I was considering purchasing the Cobra camera(s) and wondered the same thing. I found this page for another open-source camera software. Maybe it will work for you. If so, let me know!
https://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Cobra