Hikvision Video Doorbell - DS-KB6003-WIP (also branded LTS, Clare, Nelly)

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
scruzloose33

Hikvision Video Doorbell - DS-KB6003-WIP (also branded LTS, Clare, Nelly)

Post by scruzloose33 »

Does anyone have this camera working with ZM? Should it just work out of the box with ONVIF? Is that preferred to using the RTSP stream (rtsp://<username>:<password>@<IP address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101/)? I do not yet have these installed, but I am wondering if this should be easy sailing or a challenge with ZM.

Video Doorbell: http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_ac ... i6482.html
larizzo

Re: Hikvision Video Doorbell - DS-KB6003-WIP (also branded LTS, Clare, Nelly)

Post by larizzo »

I just bought this doorbell (RCA) version. Did you end up getting it setup in ZM? Can you give me an details?

Also did you use the stock firmware or have you tried anyone else's firmware? Same for the phone app do you know which app is the best?
scruzloose33

Post by scruzloose33 »

The Guarding Vision app has actually been working really well for me. That is what I have been using on both iOS and Android for motion detection, doorbell notifications, and same-day video playback (I put a 32G microSD Card in my cameras).

I also have the cameras in ZoneMinder for long-term recording. I have not yet spent the time to properly fine tune the motion detection settings, so I am getting better results from Guarding Vision right now. I do use zmNinja on a large Android tablet to show all of my cameras around the house.

I will add my ZoneMinder settings for these cameras when I am back in front of a computer.

I am currently using the firmware posted on the Nelly Security website. I have not tried any others. The one thing that drives me crazy is that the Hikvision firmware doesn’t allow you to set a static IP in the camera’s web interface. You need to use MAC address binding on your DHCP server to get a static IP.
scruzloose33

Post by scruzloose33 »

larizzo wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:56 pm I just bought this doorbell (RCA) version. Did you end up getting it setup in ZM? Can you give me an details?

Also did you use the stock firmware or have you tried anyone else's firmware? Same for the phone app do you know which app is the best?
My ZoneMinder settings are:

Source Type: Ffmpeg
Analysis/Maximum/Alarm Maximum FPS: All blank
Source Path: rtsp://<user>:<password>@<ipAddress>:554/h264/ch01/main/av_stream
Remote Method: TCP
Target Colorspace: 32 bit color
Capture Width: 1920
Capture Height: 1080
jish

Post by jish »

I just got the RCA version of this camera (RCA HSDB1) and I cannot seem to get it to work with ZM (v1.29.0). I'm using these exact ZM settings. The firmware version on the camera is V1.4.62 build 171127 (just updated yesterday through the RCA app). The camera works with the app just fine and I can access the web console to change the various settings. Has anyone managed to get the RCA version of this camera working with ZM?
jish

Post by jish »

I got in touch with RCA support (Voxx International) for their version of this camera (HSDB1) and they provided the necessary RTSP configuration settings.

Here's what works for me with ZM (v1.29.0):
Source Type: Ffmpeg
Source Path: rtsp://admin:<password>@<ip_address>:554/Streaming/Channels/101
Remote Method: RTP/Unicast
Target colorspace: 32 bit colour
Capture Width: 1920
Capture Height: 1080
larizzo

Post by larizzo »

jish wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:00 pm I just got the RCA version of this camera (RCA HSDB1)
scruzloose33 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:56 pm I am currently using the firmware posted on the Nelly Security website.
How do you guys find the reliability? So far it hasn't been very stable for me. I've had to restart it a few times to get it to reconnect to my wifi. I've also noticed there's an option called "power boost" in the gui, do you guys have any idea what that does?