Digoo-M1Q

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
gulliverrr

Digoo-M1Q

Post by gulliverrr »

Hello all! Virgin member here... be nice :)
I got this cheap WiFi camera supporting ONVIF and I can see it fine via vlc like this
rtsp://admin:20160404@10.10.10.53:554/onvif1
Stream 0
Type: Video
Codec: H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)
Resolution: 1280x962
Display resolution: 1280x960
Frame rate: 15
Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

When I try to add it in zm 1.29 running off a RasPi3 with these settings:

I get these in the log and a blue video:
Unable to open input rtsp://admin:20160404@10.10.10.53:554/onvif1 due to: Operation now in progress
Unable to open input rtsp://admin:20160404@10.10.10.53:554/onvif1 due to: Success
Open video took more than 10 seconds.

Any hints? I read this model in the compatible list so I am a bit troubled about whats going on...

Thank you
lokiberra

Re: Digoo-M1Q

Post by lokiberra »

Did you get you M1Q working? I have the same camera and can only get the blue screen.
gulliverrr

Post by gulliverrr »

No, I'm afraid not. Not with Zoneminder at least. For my system I decide to "make" the cameras too, not just the server. I use RasPi Zero W with IR cameras and is looking very feasible right now, even though I haven't tested it to the extent I want.
snake

Post by snake »

If the camera works in VLC, and FFMPEG fails, you should try source: LibVLC.

Stream RTSP paths can differ based on cam firmware. What is the firmware of the Digoo? If ONVIF detected those URLs, they usually work. 1.30.4 ZM has an Onvif probe you could try.

Did you try 960 instead of 962? Blue screen is often due to incorrect resolution. Use motion or some other camera watcher aside from VLC to read stream parameters. Can also examine the packets in wireshark and try to see what is being sent, and whether it looks correct or not.
gulliverrr

Post by gulliverrr »

Hey @snake ! Thanks for all that info.
I was really buggered with this and I gave up on it, giving it to a friend but I really want to test your suggestions.
I will steal it back, give it a try and report.
Does anyone else have this camera to give it a go as it won't happen for a few weeks.

Thanks again for your help!
tr3b0r

Post by tr3b0r »

I have one of these and i believe was due to the camera not always at the same IP address.

I run the camera and server on and an extended network. Lets call it "MyNetwork_extended" with the main network being "MyNetwork". I had initially set the camera up on "MyNetwork" when i moved it to "MyNetwork_extended" the network extender changes the MAC address the router sees. The router does not allow me to allocate the same IP address to two Max addresses. Having changed the router DHCP to provide the IP address to MAC address on "MyNetwork_extended".

It appeared for a while then suddenly it would stop working as described the top post. The time it worked could be hours, days or weeks! The camera was apparently fine when viewed from the phone app "DIgooEye". Rebooting various combination of the router, camera and network extender would sometimes get it working again.

Then I noticed the camera was picking up the wrong IP address. It was attaching to "MyNetwork" and not "MyNetwork_extended".

I went and set the camera back to "MyNetwork_extended" but this did not cure it.

The camera was retaining the setting for both networks and would change due to some random condition.

I have reset the camera to factory default and the added to "MyNetwork_extended" only.

It now appears stable but it's only been a couple days.

So the answer to your question is to see if the camera is always obtaining the same IP address.

The DigooEye app show the IP address if the phone is on the same subnet as the camera. (Connect to the camera and select the settings for the camera) . https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1Qip ... tIQ_b9EBs2
tr3b0r

Post by tr3b0r »

p.s. I don't enter the settings manually for this camera I use the ONVIF probe at the top of the camera add screen and just use what it provides.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipN ... K9vkXbjdcq
knowitall

Post by knowitall »

I was succesfull configuring the M1Q Digoo camera in v1.34

In the General Tab set:

Server: None
Source type: Ffmpeg

Source tab:
Source path rtsp://user:pw@192.168.1.xxx/onvif1
Method: UDP
Resolution 1280x960 960p