Colour missing on Kodicom 8800 clone

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
alchemyx

Colour missing on Kodicom 8800 clone

Post by alchemyx »

Hi all!

I have a Kodicom 8800 clone, same like pictured here

I have 6 no-name analog cameras with PAL standard. They are working just fine with very cheap Chinese DVR. They give color picture during the day and black and white during the night. Unfortunately when used with that card and Zoneminder i can only get them to work with setting "PAL Nc". But in that setting screen is B&W. I tried using every of PAL subtypes but screen gets garbled like here:

I tried settings from here https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Kodicom_8800 but then don't work. If I leave options unchanged it is detected and works fine but without color.

Do you have any tips about this?

Thanks and regards,
Michał
Baylink

Re: Colour missing on Kodicom 8800 clone

Post by Baylink »

In addition to settings, the hardware of the capture card will need to be able to decode PAL color encoding' are you sure that Kodi card can? Spec sheet or similar?
alchemyx

Post by alchemyx »

Hi,

That is good question but this card was bought used and had only generic cardboard box, no specs or anything. I googled but I didn't find anything about color support.

Thanks
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Do you have any sort of NTSC camera available at all to feed to it?
alchemyx

Post by alchemyx »

Hi,

I know what you are trying to check but unfortunately no NTSC hardware at all. I am trying to get some information from the seller if he ever achieved colour with PAL cameras.

Thanks,
Michał