Hikvision DS-2CD1131-I

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
feganmeister

Hikvision DS-2CD1131-I

Post by feganmeister »

Hello,

New to ZM and was given some Hikvision cameras that are not on the hardware compatibility list. I've tried to follow the guides and compare to similar Hikvision camera models but I can't seem to view the stream in ZM. If I navigate to the camera in the browser (with Hikvision's plug-in enabled) it works fine. I can also view the stream in VLC Player over RTSP (see URL below) which I used in ZM. Has anyone had any experience getting this model working in ZM?

Thanks!

ZM Server Info:
Ubuntu Desktop 16.04.2 LTS
ZM version 1.30.4

Camera Info:
Firmware V5.4.5 build 170124
URL: rtsp://XXX:XXX@192.168.0.210:554/Streaming/Channels/1
feganmeister

Re: Hikvision DS-2CD1131-I

Post by feganmeister »

I have just noticed that on the stream viewer, I get an error in the browser console saying:

Code: Select all

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
 nph-zms
Though I imagine this is due to the stream not being able to play, judging by the "zms" module documentation here: http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/sta ... nents.html