TP-Link NC450

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
thor95

Re: TP-Link NC450

Post by thor95 »

mikb wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:36 pm
thor95 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:06 pm So often that it would corrupt the LAN routing tables making hosts on the LAN slow or unreachable.
Camera being flaky aside, there is something else wrong with your network/router.

Does this camera have a fixed IP address? (If not, give it one!) -- as it could be the constant requests for an IP address by DHCP that is causing trouble.

Although your DHCP server (in the router?) could be smarter, and keep giving it the same one :)
I am a network administrator. This network runs four other IP cameras of various makes (no duplicates) with no problem.
LAN has 32 hosts on it using a Cisco managed switch with PoE.
Yes I have statically assigned an IP address in the camera network settings as well as had DHCP assign a fixed IP address through MAC address and pure DHCP all with the same results.
When the LAN routing is corrupt, all I do is unplug the power from the NC450 and routing is cleared and returns to normal.
nixnooi

Re: TP-Link NC450

Post by nixnooi »

I just got my NC450 working on v1.35.23 with PTZ .. WOOHOO

I posted the values I used here :

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/TP-LINK#Models