Wansview PTZ?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
mastercamman

Wansview PTZ?

Post by mastercamman »

Has anyone had any luck getting PTZ control working for Wansview cameras? I have a Wansview NCM625GA. Figured someone might have a functional control script and settings already created somewhere. I searched the forums but couldn't find anything conclusive. I did find references to the apis that can trigger movement, and confirmed they work w/ wget calls but haven't yet figured out how to get those integrated in any useful perl script. Any assistance would be appreciated, otherwise I'll keep digging deeper until I get it running.
Thanks!
Ryan
ianj001

Re: Wansview PTZ?

Post by ianj001 »

I have two Wansview NCB 541W cameras. They are both working in ZoneMinder with PTZ the setup I have is as follows:

Under the General tab -
Source Type = Libvlc
Funciton - nodect (to use it from openHAB)
Enabled = checked

under the source tab -
source path = http://192.168.1.xx/videostream.cgi?use ... d=password
(replace xx with your IP, replace username with your username and replace password with your password)
remote method=RTP/RTSP/HTTP
Under the control tab:
controllable is checked
ControlType=WanscamPT
control device=yourip
control address=username:password@yourip
(replace yourip with your ip address, replace username with your username and replace password with your password).

I hope this helps.
mastercamman

Post by mastercamman »

Thanks Ian!
I tried it but it doesn't seem to work. I believe they must have switched protocols for the different model at some point - the Wanscam.pm uses messages like "decoder_control.cgi?command=0&" where I believe my model is expecting messages more like "hy-cgi/ptz.cgi?cmd=ptzctrl&act=up&".
I'll keep investigating to see if I can get PTZ to work for my model.
Thanks,
R
mastercamman

Post by mastercamman »

For anyone who is interested... I finally got PT functional. I had to spend some quality time to reverse engineer control scripts and find out that my camera required Digest Authentication,which happens to be unsupported in most of the control scripts in repo, but happens to be supported within the control script referenced within this thread: viewtopic.php?t=23792
It turns out that the referenced script does even more than what my camera supports, but it works with all of the basics for what I was hoping for with PT.
With the script, my Wansview IP Camera NCM625GA supports basic U/D/L/R continuous controls, along with 8 presets as well as a Home. Presets don't seem to be able to be set via this script though - but I can recall presets that I had already assigned with my camera control software. Happy with the outcome! One final note, the referenced script works with the Control Address format of 'user:pass@IP:Port'. The Control Device field is not used.
-R
BurningSky

Post by BurningSky »

Sorry to bring up an old post but I was wondering how you got the perl module installed and set up to control the camera? I can't really find any good sources for installing and using custom modules.