Wansview W3 IP Camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
tendonut

Wansview W3 IP Camera

Post by tendonut »

This has been troubling me for a week or so, mostly because Wansview is absolutely terrible with providing helpful information.

I've got a Wansview W3, outdoor waterproof camera, night vision, 720p resolution. I am unable to get Zoneminder to play nice at all, either using rstp or http. Has anyone gotten this to successfully work?

I'm running ZM v1.30.0
shortreal

Re: Wansview W3 IP Camera

Post by shortreal »

So I actually just registered for this reply as I saw your question yesterday when searching for the same problem.

I got it working using the following settings:

Sourcetype Libvlv (slow on ffmpeg)
path rtsp://user:pw@ip/live/ch0
res 1280x720
method RTP/RTSP (otherwise it'll look dirty due to the udp thing i guess)

hope that helps
tendonut

Post by tendonut »

I forgot I posted this! I went and googled my issue again today, months later, to see if anything has happened and found this. I am gonna try it as soon as I get home.

Thanks!
tendonut

Post by tendonut »

You know, I may be having a different issue entirely. The image is basically the "broken image" symbol, but at the full resolution. I may be having a plugin issue, not just a camera feed issue.
MJN

Post by MJN »

Try these settings (I intend to create a wiki page for the Wansview cameras):

Source Type: Remote
Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP/HTTP
Remote Host Name: <username>:<password>@<ipaddress>
Remote Host Port: 80
Remote Host Path: /live/ch1 (see camera web page for channel stream numbers and associated resolutions - I've got a K1 and so it'll have different resolutions)
Capture Width/Height: Match resolution for selected channel above
tendonut

Post by tendonut »

MJN wrote:Try these settings (I intend to create a wiki page for the Wansview cameras):

Remote Host Path: /live/ch1 (see camera web page for channel stream numbers and associated resolutions - I've got a K1 and so it'll have different resolutions)
Just coming back to see this post, and I don't like leaving threads abandoned.

Yes, your settings worked beautifully and don't put as much of a strain on my CPU as the ffmpeg/libvlc method does. Turns out, my primary issue was actually a zoneminder server config issue, not an actual issue with this camera. The camera does work beautifully.
pgrunwald

Post by pgrunwald »

MJN wrote:Try these settings (I intend to create a wiki page for the Wansview cameras):

My W3 works great with some slight changes:
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: /live/ch0
apskinner

Post by apskinner »

Hi All,

I know this thread hasn't been touched in a while, but it seemed the most relevant.

I've followed this and other threads on trying to get a fresh install of ZM working with my Wansview W3

ZM is running on a RPI Zero and I followed instructions specific to installing Zm on the RPI so I'm confident that bit worked
I can access the camera from VLC/IE/Chrome etc etc no problems using the same settings I used in ZM but I'm getting these errors, I hope someone can help me get over them.

BTW the zm.mmap.3 file was absent in /dev/shm and this was generating an error so I created it (0 size) hoping it would get filled, with data but not so (following another thread on this forum)

Logs.... (repeating)
2017-08-16 15:20:38.083070 zmdc 10360 INF 'zmc -m 3' crashed, signal 10 zmdc.pl
2017-08-16 15:20:37.833620 zmdc 12659 INF 'zmc -m 3' started at 17/08/16 15:20:37 zmdc.pl
2017-08-16 15:20:37.824370 zmdc 10360 INF 'zmc -m 3' starting at 17/08/16 15:20:37, pid = 12659 zmdc.pl
2017-08-16 15:20:34.794650 zmwatch 10447 INF Restarting capture daemon for GarageCam, shared data not valid zmwatch.pl
2017-08-16 15:20:34.775790 zmwatch 10447 ERR Memory map file '/dev/shm/zm.mmap.3' should have been 896 but was instead 0 zmwatch.pl

Any ideas about the crashing & 'signal 10' I can try to gather other logs if it helps. Just give me instructions, I'm a noob to this and just for info trying to use ZM to work with an OpenHab Automation system.

Cheers
apskinner

Post by apskinner »

I've tried every combination of settings I can find on the forum to no avail.
I've reinstalled zomeminder from scratch
The camera works in VLC / its own app, other tools.
I've tried changing buffer sizes, using the original PATH_SWAP

I've tried zmc --device <device>
and get "Segmentation error" or "Bus Error"

IPCS shows no shared memory segments.

I've reduced the buffers used

Basically, everything and getting no where, is it the RPi Zero not capable, has anyone used one, getting frustrated now...
Especially in light of other people getting it working, IT HAS TO BE DUE TO THE ZONEMINDER SETUP but the status shows everything ok...

zoneminder.service - ZoneMinder CCTV recording and surveillance system
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/zoneminder.service; enabled)
Active: active (running) since Thu 2017-08-17 14:49:56 BST; 7min ago
Process: 1200 ExecStart=/usr/bin/zmpkg.pl start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 1331 (zmdc.pl)
CGroup: /system.slice/zoneminder.service
├─1331 /usr/bin/perl -wT /usr/bin/zmdc.pl startup
├─1377 /usr/bin/perl -wT /usr/bin/zmfilter.pl
├─1391 /usr/bin/perl -wT /usr/bin/zmaudit.pl -c
├─1405 /usr/bin/perl -wT /usr/bin/zmwatch.pl
└─1596 /usr/bin/perl -wT /usr/bin/zmdc.pl restart zmc -m 1

Ideas pleasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee, or even screenshots of the monitor definition of a working system
pgrunwald

Post by pgrunwald »

wansview ZM.jpg
wansview ZM.jpg (238.08 KiB) Viewed 14922 times
blacked out is password

I'm on stock Debian 9 with ZM 1.30.0.
apskinner

Post by apskinner »

Thanks, I had the same parameters with the exception of the Analysis FPS on the General Tab, and I used the lower resolution CH1 and 640x360

Can you also share what you have under other tabs like Buffers etc

What has changed is that in the console the IP address under Source is no longer RED but is now green, however clicking in the Monitors name still doesn't show any video and no other details including no fps measurement.

I still get the same crash signal and if I go to monitor I get the following errors

2017-08-18 14:46:35.633130 web_js 825 ERR getStreamCmdResponse stream error: socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-711424s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory - checkStreamForErrors() ?view=watch
2017-08-18 14:46:35.490962 web_php 825 ERR socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-711424s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php 2371

Its a worry that it has no such file or directory errors
I'm going to try to install on a VirtualBox Debian. To see if its basically a RPI Zero problem.

Oh and the IP address under Source went red again
pgrunwald

Post by pgrunwald »

zm2.jpg
zm2.jpg (197.22 KiB) Viewed 14897 times
zm1.jpg
zm1.jpg (276.43 KiB) Viewed 14897 times
zm3.jpg
zm3.jpg (131.4 KiB) Viewed 14897 times
apskinner

Post by apskinner »

Thanks but I meant the other tabs in the monitor dialog
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (45.38 KiB) Viewed 14895 times
pgrunwald

Post by pgrunwald »

zm_m1.jpg
zm_m1.jpg (49.17 KiB) Viewed 14894 times

Sorry, I believe everything else is default.
apskinner

Post by apskinner »

So eventually got my VirtualBox Debian running and Zoneminder working.

BUT the only way I could get a display on the monitor was to go against everything the various threads on here say and have the PATH_ZMS pointing to '/cgi-bin/zms' instead of '/zm/cgi-bin/zms'

I found some of the Wiki's gave slightly different instructions, some contradicting each other. IN the end I tried to follow precisely the one on ZM 1.31 with Debian 9 - and tweaked from there to get it working.

Now I have to try and go back to the RPI and repeat the process and see if I can get it working but I'm of the opinion that actually the RPI Zero doesn't even have the capability of running one camera. Maybe I'll try it on my RPI 3 but thats where the OpenHab runs.

Thanks for your input