WiFi Baby model WFB2015

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
mgchristensen

WiFi Baby model WFB2015

Post by mgchristensen »

Has anyone gotten this camera , WiFi Baby model WFB2015, to work with zoneminder?

The camera works with android "app"s such as tinyCam Monitor PRO and IP Cam Viewer PRO. It will work with vlc if I use the mjpeg stream and http protocol only, without putting the user name and password in the URL (a dialog box pops up to prompt me). I suspect that it may have something to do with digest authentication vs basic authentication, as the cameras seem to work perfectly in both vlc and zoneminder if I set, on the camera, basic authentication. So why does it work OK in the "app"s but not in vlc or zoneminder? I have tried every combination of settings I can think of.

For vlc, for example, if I use the same URL that I feed to the android apps, "rtsp://user:pwd@192.x.x.x:554/live_h264.sdp", with digest authentication set on the camera, the dialog box asking me to enter user and password pops up, I enter user and password, the dialog box pops up again, and again, etc. If basic authentication is set on the camera, it works. I read elsewhere on the forum that digest authentication was added after zoneminder version 1.28.

Thanks to all
mgchristensen

Re: WiFi Baby model WFB2015

Post by mgchristensen »

Anyone?