Sricam SP012

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
karaokeking

Sricam SP012

Post by karaokeking »

Hi,

Just installed zoneminder and have it working with my Tevis IP Cam but having trouble with my other Chinese cam (Sricam SP012).

I have it working on my phone using "IP Cam viewer" by setting it to "Generic RTSP over UDP" "rtsp://192.168.1.4:554/onvif2" But for some reason I can not get it to work with zoneminder I have tried all sorts of settings I wonder if someone else has managed to get the same cam running?
rizzledizzle

Re: Sricam SP012

Post by rizzledizzle »

I'm using ZoneMinder 1.29.0 on 14.04 and the following works for me for the SRICAM SP012 PTZ Camera.

GENERAL TAB:
Source Type: Remote
Maximum FPS: 15
Alarm Maximum FPS: 15

SOURCE TAB:
Remote Protocol: RTSP
Remote Method: RTP/Unicast
Remote Host Port: 554
Remote Host Path: /onfiv1
Target Colorspace: 24 bit color
Capture Width: 320
Capture Height: 240
Use RTSP Response Media URL: Unchecked

NOTE: Sometimes from within Firefox, this camera requires me to right-click on the video and select "Reload Image" from the context menu. Then the stream of video starts.

This camera claims to be an ONVIF-based camera. I have yet to discover a configuration that works to control the camera based on ONVIF. I have three other PTZ cameras of different brands, but they all use CGI files to control the camera, whereas this most likely doesn't. I did a port scan with NMAP and discovered ports 554 and 5000 open. All other ports were closed. This means UPnP on port 5000 (TCP) is most likely used to control the camera via the cell phone app. There is no web interface on the SR012 unlike my other three PTZ cameras. I haven't found a way to configure the camera any other way besides the mobile app.

Has anyone else in the world discovered a way to control this particular camera from ZoneMinder?
Cpt_Barba

Post by Cpt_Barba »

Solved everything, control video and everything, these are my setup :

General tab :
Enabled : checked (ofc )
Source Type Ffmpeg

Source tab:
source Path : rtsp://admin:<passw>@<ip>/onvif1 ( es. rtsp://admin:888888@192.168.0.2/onvif1 , no port here )
Remothe method : UDP ( no UPD multicast, just UPD)
Target colorspace 32
Capture Width (pixels) 1280
Capture Height (pixels) 720

Control Tab:
controllable : checked
control type : netcat ONVIF
control address : admin:<passw>@<ip>:5000 es admin:888888@192.168.0.2:5000
Auto Stop Timeout : 1 ( i'm not sure this is required, but it didnt work before i set up this. but it may be unrelated ).

i think this will work with most of the sircam sp series cam except for the resolution, for the resolution part, just connect with vlc to the rtsp stream and check the codec info and copy the correct resolution.
stuffedmonkey

Post by stuffedmonkey »

Cpt_Barba wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:17 am Solved everything, control video and everything, these are my setup :

Control Tab:
Auto Stop Timeout : 1 ( i'm not sure this is required, but it didnt work before i set up this. but it may be unrelated ).

i think this will work with most of the sircam sp series cam except for the resolution, for the resolution part, just connect with vlc to the rtsp stream and check the codec info and copy the correct resolution.
I dont have a "Control Tab". Why is that? I've got 2 Sricams that I can control via their app. Not sure about the model though, think it might be SR012 or something like that. Should I be able to control them or do I just get static picture?

Edit:
Ok I spoke to soon, found the option to activate control after another look at the settings. AND IT WORKS!! =D
My only problem now is that the picture doesnt work...so frustrating.
I've had this up and running last year and managed to get a picture then, but not now. Is there some packages och codes I need to install to get the picture working? The link is OK, tested it in VLC.
stuffedmonkey

Post by stuffedmonkey »

Cpt_Barba wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:17 am Solved everything, control video and everything, these are my setup :

General tab :
Enabled : checked (ofc )
Source Type Ffmpeg

Source tab:
source Path : rtsp://admin:<passw>@<ip>/onvif1 ( es. rtsp://admin:888888@192.168.0.2/onvif1 , no port here )
Remothe method : UDP ( no UPD multicast, just UPD)
Target colorspace 32
Capture Width (pixels) 1280
Capture Height (pixels) 720

Control Tab:

Ok, after my new install I instantly get picture from all the cams. But when I try to activate control, I dont have the same options as you do.
Under "remote method" I can only choose:
RTP/Unicast or Multicast
RTP/RTPS or HTTP

further:
Control type: netcat ONVIF
is not present in my installation. It was on the first one though so I suspect this comes down to versions. At my first installation I used the iconnor repo to install zoneminder, which didnt work.
On this install I used the default Ubuntu repo but now I seem to be missing the netcat ONVIF alternative under "Control" ....bummer =)

Can anyone post their settings for netcat ONVIF so maybe I can add them manually somehow?

Cheers
Cpt_Barba

Post by Cpt_Barba »

Here you can grab the netcat onvif module if you are missing it:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinde ... /Netcat.pm

once loaded, you have to edit the options (it seems like every not supported command sent to the cameras will break the connection with zoneminder).

here are my settings( tested and working with the last stable version from the official repository ) :

Main
-Name: Netcat ONVIF
-Type: Ffmpeg
-Protocol: Netcat
-Can Wake:
-Can Sleep:
-Can Reset: Checked
Move
-Can Move: Checked
-Can Move Diagonally : Checked
-Can Move Mapped:
-Can Move Absolute: Checked
-Can Move Relative: Checked
-Can Move Continuous: Checked
Pan
-Can Pan:Checked
-Min Pan Range:0
-Max Pan Range:0
-Min Pan Step:0
-Max Pan Step:0
-Has Pan Speed:Checked
-Min Pan Speed: 0
-Max Pan Speed: 0
-Has Turbo Pan:
-Turbo Pan Speed: 0
Tilt
-Can Tilt:Checked
-Min Tilt Range:0
-Max Tilt Range:0
-Min Tilt Step:0
-Max Tilt Step:0
-Has Tilt Speed:Checked
-Min Tilt Speed:0
-Max Tilt Speed:0
-Has Turbo Tilt:
-Turbo Tilt Speed:0

all the other tabs(zoom,focus,white..), turn off every checkbox
stuffedmonkey

Post by stuffedmonkey »

Cpt_Barba wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:31 pm Here you can grab the netcat onvif module if you are missing it:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinde ... /Netcat.pm

once loaded, you have to edit the options (it seems like every not supported command sent to the cameras will break the connection with zoneminder).

here are my settings( tested and working with the last stable version from the official repository ) :

Main
-Name: Netcat ONVIF
-Type: Ffmpeg
-Protocol: Netcat
-Can Wake:
-Can Sleep:
-Can Reset: Checked
Move
-Can Move: Checked
-Can Move Diagonally : Checked
-Can Move Mapped:
-Can Move Absolute: Checked
-Can Move Relative: Checked
-Can Move Continuous: Checked
Pan
-Can Pan:Checked
-Min Pan Range:0
-Max Pan Range:0
-Min Pan Step:0
-Max Pan Step:0
-Has Pan Speed:Checked
-Min Pan Speed: 0
-Max Pan Speed: 0
-Has Turbo Pan:
-Turbo Pan Speed: 0
Tilt
-Can Tilt:Checked
-Min Tilt Range:0
-Max Tilt Range:0
-Min Tilt Step:0
-Max Tilt Step:0
-Has Tilt Speed:Checked
-Min Tilt Speed:0
-Max Tilt Speed:0
-Has Turbo Tilt:
-Turbo Tilt Speed:0

all the other tabs(zoom,focus,white..), turn off every checkbox
Thank you so much for your detailed settings. I got it working with netcat.pm yesterday but I'm gonna have a look at the specific settings.