StarCam C7823WIP

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
wvmarle

Re: StarCam C7823WIP

Post by wvmarle »

Linux Mint, added the ppa to get the 1.28 version, installed through the package manager. I'll have a look later at the link you gave.

What I do notice is that when the camera is switch on, a process called zmc uses some 25% of my CPU and a sizable chunk of memory. This process becomes idle when the camera is off.
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

ZMC ZoneMinderCamera each Monitor runs one of these, and a high resolution high fps camera will keep cpu busy.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
wvmarle

Post by wvmarle »

So that confirms that the camera is working and zmc is actually receiving the signal (indeed it's a high-res camera; no idea on the frame rate it pushes out).

Now how to get this through to the web interface so I can see it and do stuff with it - specifically, take regular screen shots? As suggested in other links, the probable problem is my apache configuration. I have this now in my /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/zoneminder.conf file:

Code: Select all

Alias /zm /usr/share/zoneminder

<Directory /usr/share/zoneminder>
  php_flag register_globals off
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  <IfModule mod_dir.c>
    DirectoryIndex index.php
  </IfModule>
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin /usr/share/zoneminder/cgi-bin
<Directory "/usr/share/zoneminder/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
    Order Allow,Deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
wvmarle

Post by wvmarle »

Any suggestions on how to get ZM to work?