Simplicam hd wifi camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
themagicm

Simplicam hd wifi camera

Post by themagicm »

Anyone know if this camera works well with ZoneMinder?
asker

Re: Simplicam hd wifi camera

Post by asker »

themagicm wrote:Anyone know if this camera works well with ZoneMinder?
Short Answer: No

Longer Answer: Maybe
Simplicam (and Dropcam) were two cameras I evaluated before I went the ZM+Foscam route. Simplicam does not expose any interfaces that it publishes using which you can extract either images or video streams of any kind. So unless some 3rd party developer has figured out how to tap into the camera, the answer would be no. I don't have a simplicam either, but if you are a DIY person, you may need to tinker to see what open ports it has, do packet captures on wireshark etc to see if there are any streams you can use and if they are encrypted (which Simplicam says they are) then there is a bigger problem. I know simplicam uses a cloud backend - if that has an interface where it can export images, you may want to consider an approach where you use the "File" source of ZM and pick up images from there (after required modification). No simple or desirable solution, unfortunately.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs