bluecherry pv-149 capture card (bt878) not workng in 3.13Ke

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
GrayBeardNerd

bluecherry pv-149 capture card (bt878) not workng in 3.13Ke

Post by GrayBeardNerd »

bluecherry provideo pv-149 capture card (bt878) not working in kernel 3.13

I upgraded my ZoneMinder PC to ubuntu 14.04. Now my BlueCherry pv-149 capture cards are not found. Not a hit in dmesg for saa7130, bt878, or bttv. No “video” folder in /dev. It's as if the cards do not exist.

Is anyone able to use the PV-149 with kernel 3.13?

What did you have to do?

Did Video4Linux stop supporting BT878? (Really?)

On the bluecherry.net page for the pv-149, their link to “our article on basic troubleshooting” comes up as 404 page not found. It does say it is supported for Video4Linux.

On the ZoneMinder Wiki Provideo PV- series (Bluecherry) page, the “Bluecherry / Zoneminder – Basic Troubleshooting” link gives a 404 page not found.

If it is not able to run, can you recommend a capture card that does?

I'm looking for:
8 NTSC BNC ports (2 – four-port cards?)

to run on Ubuntu 14.04 with ZoneMinder. I'm not thrilled about having to replace my 8 cameras with IP cameras and rewiring them. Some runs are underground and some in cramped attic places that I can barely reach and touch.