Help setup of IPcam (sricam AP0005)

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
odror

Help setup of IPcam (sricam AP0005)

Post by odror »

Hi

I am trying to find the correct zoneminder setup for my new PTZ IP camera. (SRICAM AP0005)

Is there a way to detect the correct setup for zoneminder. I am able to access the camera from a web.

or even better does anyone know how to set this camera.

Thanks

Any help will be appreciated.
carcachute

Re: Help setup of IPcam (sricam AP0005)

Post by carcachute »

I do not have this camera, but I have used this web page to find a URL:
http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=Sricam

This suggests the URL to use is:
http://IPADDRESS/videostream.cgi?rate=0 ... =[PASSWORD]

Where [USERNAME] and [PASSWORD] are whatever you use to access the camera. Try typing this into your web browser, substituting the IP address, username, and password into the URL, and see if you get video in the browser. If so, then you can set up the monitor as Source type: Remote. Then under the Source tab:
  • Remote protocol: HTTP
  • Remote method: Simple
  • Remote host name: (enter the IP address) Note: You may have to use username:password@ip address.
  • Remote host port: 80
  • Remote host path: /videostream.cgi?rate=0&user=[USERNAME]&pwd=[PASSWORD]
  • Target colorspace: 24 bit colour
  • Capture width and height: enter the image width and height for the camera's video stream. Looks like it's 1280 width and 720 height.
odror

Post by odror »

I have actually used this web page after posting my note. I did find the correct setting.

I have returned the camera because of multiple issues. Including incorrectly advertising the camera as an HD camera. There is not way to get to the HD mode. Not even in windows. The zoom cannot be controlled.
I think it needs a major update to its firmware.
juggalo818

Post by juggalo818 »

any one know the settings for this camera i have tried a lot of settings and i am able so see them on the web app and there viewer it just wont add the video