Grandstream GXV-3672-FHD

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
BiloxiGeek

Grandstream GXV-3672-FHD

Post by BiloxiGeek »

System: Anyone have one of these cameras? I'm trying to get one set up, have two more that will eventually be set up when I figure out the first one. I'm interested in the settings that you've put on the camera itself and how you got it configured in zoneminder.

So far I've gotten it kind of working, I see a red screen at times and some pretty drastic smearing of the image. If I view it in vlc it looks pretty good. I do have an older Linksys WVC80N that is working nicely so I'm pretty sure the zoneminder install is good.
BiloxiGeek

Re: Grandstream GXV-3672-FHD

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Grandstream sent me the settings they used in zoneminder which they say will work, but I'm getting nothing in the monitor.

Their suggested settings:
Source Type: ffmpeg
Source Path: rtsp://<IP address>/0
Capture height & width to match the camera's settings.

In High B/W Options
WEB_H_REFRESH_IMAGE: 1
WEB_H_STREAM_METHOD: mpeg
WEB_H_VIDEO_MAXFPS: 30

I do see log entries:

Code: Select all

2014-03-04 10:27:43.765842	web_js	1620	ERR	getStreamCmdResponse stream error: socket_sendto( /var/lib/zoneminder/sock/zms-597510s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory - checkStreamForErrors()	?view=watch	
2014-03-04 10:27:43.693735	web_php	1616	ERR	socket_sendto( /var/lib/zoneminder/sock/zms-597510s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php	2344
Those two log entries repeat 4 times in quick succession once every minute or so.

I changed the WEB_H_STREAM_METHOD back to jpeg and the camera works well, using mpeg I get nothing in the monitor.
patpend

Post by patpend »

I am in the same boat. I bought this camera based on reviews that it worked out of the box with ZM but I get nothing in the monitor, total whitescreen, not even a frame. Any luck?

EDIT: I was able to get it working by viewing the camera through its built-in webserver. As soon as I did it started working in ZM. This seems less than ideal so there may be futher issues. I also found it takes a bit of time between changing settings on the camera and when it starts streaming - maybe 10 seconds.
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Yeah I noticed the same pause in the feed when changing settings. For some settings the camera seems to do a complete reboot. Others it just restarts the rtsp feed.

BTW, on Scientific Linux 6.5 and zm 1.27 I have things working really well. The computer I'm using isn't quite beefy enough for the load of the three cameras I have. But I hope to have that fixed this weekend with a new rig just for zoneminder; Core I7 quad core, 16G memory. The three cameras and the zoneminder system will be hooked up to a Netgear GS510TP POE switch to keep all that traffic isolated from the rest of my network. That should do the trick. :)

I did write up my settings on the wiki. http://www.zoneminder.com/wiki/index.php/Grandstream