Need advice for IPCam

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
PacoLM

Need advice for IPCam

Post by PacoLM »

Hi,

I want to upgrade my system with an IPCam with night vision, good image quality and able to get a good image of cars/people that are 10 meters away. Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
Flasheart

Re: Need advice for IPCam

Post by Flasheart »

In my experience, NONE of the ip cameras with built-in infrared LED's give anything that can be described as "good" further than 5 meters away.

I use a variety to monitor horse stables that are 3.2mx3.2m square and they're fine for that, but elsewhere when I use them for security the subject has to pass within 3-4 meters to be distinguishable, and even then the shutter speed is often so slow they appear blurry if moving quickly.

The only way to get "good" images at night that I know of is to use a whitelight PIR sensor to illuminate the area on movement, and any ip camera to be triggered to get a modect snap.

Also - people look different under IR (veins show, skin is translucent) and you may have trouble identifying or using the images as proof even if you do get a clear shot.

Others may have different views, or experience with IR floods, but I don't I'm afraid.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Anyone else?

PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hello,

I found this camera http://dx.com/p/wl-smart-wl-32o-720p-su ... red-227569, anyone has tested with ZM?

Thanks,

PacoLM