H.264 Capture Card

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
punch-card

H.264 Capture Card

Post by punch-card »

Well lighting once again taken out my capture card and I am thinking about moving to a H.264 card off ebay, Has anyone had any luck with these types of cards?

Suggestions?
Best Regards
Mike
OrangeCctver

Re: H.264 Capture Card

Post by OrangeCctver »

hi punch-card, did you go with the H.264 card in the end? I am considering the Bluecherry one, although it is allegedly supported there doesn't seem to be a lot of support out there in case you run into a problem.
punch-card

Re: H.264 Capture Card

Post by punch-card »

No I never did, I liked the card, but I have an issue with one of my camera keep getting Zapped by close lighting hits, and it took out the card. I had to run it in windows, but I really want a linux solution. So when I replaced the card I went back to a BT878A.
I found several hits of people that got it to run, but since I run RedHat/Centos, it just does not typically support the libraries that were needed.

I wish it did, and get Zoneminder to....

Mike
Best Regards
Mike