Question about AXIS Q1602 E IP Camera

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
brazil

Question about AXIS Q1602 E IP Camera

Post by brazil »

Hi

Just joined the forum. Hello everyone. Been using Zoneminder for some time and I am in the process of converting from analog to IP.
From what I've been reading, the new AXIS Q1602 E camera looks pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with this camera? I don't see it listed as a Zoneminder approved model but it appear "all" AXIS camera should work. Does this sound right? Any comments on AXIS cameras in general?

TIA - Tim
Lumienkeli

Re: Question about AXIS Q1602 E IP Camera

Post by Lumienkeli »

Hello Brazil o/

I would like to hear answer in same question.

I'm also looking after Axis cameras and I'm totally sceptical when seeing "Axis All" in listing.
I'm sure, I run in some problems when trying to view MPEG-stream or do PTZ commands.

I need came which can see at least 25-30metres in low light conditions and i need accurate information at every moment.
In example, i must be able to calculate from picture, how long and what color fingernails someone has in 30metres. I saw some example CIF4 streams at some page and i wasn't very happy about the results. Thou those were older models of different cameras, including Axis.
jason.l

Re: Question about AXIS Q1602 E IP Camera

Post by jason.l »

Q1602,which is called "light finder"