Kguard cameras support both PAL & NTSC?

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
jm3

Kguard cameras support both PAL & NTSC?

Post by jm3 »

I am setting up a system using a kmc-8800 card and inexpensive analog cameras. I would prefer to run PAL.

I found these cameras which appear to support both PAL and NTSC:

Kguard Kit-H02 available on newegg as part N82E16881377025.

I don't understand how this is possible. Is there a switch to select the format? Does anyone have experience with these or other dual-format cameras?

Also, will I have to select pal in the config for the capture card too, or just in zoneminder?

Thanks.
bb99

Re: Kguard cameras support both PAL & NTSC?

Post by bb99 »

In your suggested set up Zoneminder does not see or care about the cameras at all. Zoneminder and OS settings will be based on the card only with the card handling the cameras. So check compatibility of the cameras to the card and the card to your OS (and Zoneminder).
mastertheknife

Re: Kguard cameras support both PAL & NTSC?

Post by mastertheknife »

Cameras that support both PAL and NTSC (are you sure about this? most say both, but you actually choose to order PAL or NTSC) usually have a switch to select PAL or NTSC.
Kfir Itzhak.