IP Camera's that Zoneminder can capture 30 fps from.

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
timcraig

IP Camera's that Zoneminder can capture 30 fps from.

Post by timcraig »

Hi all,

I'm helping out someone who is looking to record (without motion detection) from IP cameras at 30 fps.

I was wondering if anyone knows of which IP camera's that Zoneminder can achieve high frame rates from (say 25fps-30fps) with decent Image quality of at least 640x480 resolution?

There are two parts to this criteria:
a) The camera can stream at ~30fps with a decent picture quality (a lot of IP cameras can't as their embedded hardware can't keep up at that rate).
b) Zoneminder can parse the camera output fast enough.
christophe_y2k

Dlink DCS-7510 at 25.22fps max quality under ZoneMinder

Post by christophe_y2k »

hello have dlink DCS-7510 (day/night IR) in production

704x576 jpg max quality at 25.22 fps lan directly on the camera web server or with the same quality and fps under zoneminder lan or wan (adsl 16M/1M)
with 4 another megapixel ip cam (bewan 3-4fps), all are under motion detect.

No impact performance with zm that work fine at 25.22fps
zm (v1.24.3 CVS build 3306 compiled with libjepegturbo on Gentoo Linux x64) record at 100% quality of jpeg and streaming at 94%

Just the native quality of dlink is poor for me because not mega pixel hardware inside
timcraig

Post by timcraig »

Thanks for the tips on the dlink camera! :)