KWorld DVB-T 220 - autostart

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
dad1

KWorld DVB-T 220 - autostart

Post by dad1 »

Hello,

I am looking for help to auto start a system based on three KWorld DVB-T 220 capture cards.

The system works, but before I start zoneminder I have to 'initialise' each card manually using mplayer. So if there is a power failure the system cannot be restarted without operator input at the terminal. If zoneminder is started without the initialisation step then the cameras just show black screens.

The system is based on fedora 13 (although this problem has existed in all versions I have tried 9-13). The CCTV cameras are attached to a distributed analogue tv system so that they can be viewed on any TV in the building. The zoneminder system then takes a feed from the TV system. What I think is happening is that when the system restarts each card losses the channel information and what the mplayer command does is reset the card to the correct channel.

Has anyone any experience of setting these cards to a channel using a startup script?

Thanks in advance